Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone on here done the Dunfermline half marathon?

I have just entered having enjoyed the Edinburgh half mara so much.

I was particularly wondering about the course as there doesnt seem to be a map on the web page.
Also, I didnt see a shuttle bus service, so am I right in thinking it finishes near where it starts?

Thanks.....

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Hi Streako,
Are you based in fife or just taking part in the 1/2 marathon?

If I had realised I was going to enjoy the edinburgh 1/2 marathon so much I to would have entered the Dunfermline one. Wonder if I am too late :d

I don't know much about the course but I found this on mapmyrun.com :
http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-kingdom/dunfermline/712772209

Looks like you go round the course twice and then finish near where you start.....

O.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, Owain.

I am based in Edinburgh, so a drive over the Forth is on the cards for race day.

I entered about 2 hours after finishing Edinburgh event, but you should still be able to enter as it is scheduled for 11th May. Theres only one way to find out...

Thanks for the link.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Just booked my place on the Dunfermline 1/2 as well :) Not bad since this time last year I wasnt a runner!

So far this year I will have entered the Edinburgh and Dunfermline 1/2 marathons and the full Edinburgh marathon! Don't think I am going to have time to enter the Dundee 1/2 Marathon though :(

Do you run in Edinburgh?

I might get the train from Inverkeithing in to Dunfermline, it depends on where the start will be. Don't fancy taking the car unless there is plenty parking.

O.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I havent entered the full Edin marathon. I plan to do it next year if my half marathons go well. I dont think I am up to 26 miles yet and I really want a good sub 3-hour time.

I'm not sure about the Dundee event as I am hoping to move house so I cant really commit. The other one I want to try is the Jedburgh in Autumn.

Yeah, I run in Edinburgh. I prefer off road so I go out in the Pentlands, rather than pound the city streets.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
I wont be getting sub 3 hours for the marathon but maybe sub 4. We will see :)

Ive been running from my office up round arthurs seat and then round the meadows and back to the office. The hills are really good for building up stamina. This should help me push on to finish the full marathon :d

When Im not at work I head out the fife coastal paths which are really nice and relaxing.

This was today's run:
Mapped it here: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-kingdom/edinburgh/1074480334

O.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Excellent event. Really good course, albeit a bit tough on account of the numerous inclines.

Managed it in 1hr30 46 secs. Thats 9 mins off my PB!

I was dying in the last couple of miles. The legs were turning to lead big time.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Great effort Streako................

Bloody good time.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Wow, that is a good time! Have a look in the Scotland section of the forum mate, you will see others comments about the Dunfermline half.

The hills were a killer!

O.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts