Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I have bad feelings about Dumfermline. I got my first driving fine there, for not wearing a seat belt. Apparently because it creases your suit jacket is not grounds for dispensation.

Then I forgot to pay the fine and had a midnight 200 mile round trip to post it in person.

So I'm not going back.

Silly Squint!

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I will get a PB for this one but you never know, there does seem to be a fair amount of hills but hey, Im going there to enjoy it and if I come in faster than my previous edinburgh 1/2 I will be happy. :)

O.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, its this weekend, I hope to get under 2 hours for the course but we will see what the weather is like on the day.

Anyone else taking part?

O.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Im going for it. I have lost a lot of my fitness as i have been away for 3 months with very few training opportunuties but i did 10k okay on sun so im going to give it a go. I really like the idea of the team relay, anything that allows people to get the experiance or a taster of events i feel is a good thing.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ye, team rely is a good idea, I would just be annoyed if others in the team didnt put in as much training as me though, hence the reason Im running solo :d Im hoping to do the Dundee half as well which means I have done all three of the east coast series this year.

Look out for a guy running with a TractionKiting.co.uk tshirt on....that will be me.

O.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Good luck and let us know how you get on :d

·
Registered
392 Posts
No problem ill look out for you. Look out for someone hanging out with a bright red face, that will be me. Im doing the whole thing as well with a friend. Its my first so should be interesting. Are you aware of the special East coat series awards to be given for completing Edinburgh, Dunfermline and Dundee?. I was speaking to some organisers and their concern was 2 really good 10k ers passing the leader of the actual half. that could be a downside of the relay but im not sure if the relay members have a marking to identify relay team or not.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am hoping to do the Dundee half as well but i have a feeling I have something else planned for that weekend :( Will hopefully do the east coast series next year.

The weather is looking good for Sunday so should be a great run! Maybe with the hills I wont get under 2 hours but we will see, what goes up, must come down :d

O.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How is everyone getting to the 1/2 on Sunday?

My better half is working so Im looking at getting the train from Inverkeithing in to Dunfermline and then walking / jogging to the start to collect my time chip and race number.....
Remember to bring some safety pins with you to attach your number!

O.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Im getting dropped off by my wife. I would offer you a lift (i live in Rosyth) but with the kids and my running oppo the car is full, sorry. My number is 582. Must admit as the day gets closer im beginning to get really nervous. I suppose its normal this being my first time. I just hope i finish really as any time will be a PB.:d

Already thinking about Dundee but tomm will be the decider. If the weather is like now it should be okay, maybe a little more breeze. Just hope its not too hot.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im 1160.

As long as the thunder and lightening doesnt come back tomorrow it should be a good run....

Good luck everyone for tomoz!

O.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, thats another 1/2 Marathon under my belt :d

Boy it was a tough course, you were either going up a hill or down a hill....well done to everyone who took part.

The weather was a tad warm but the people on the water stops did a brilliant job as did all the marshals and helpers.

My unofficial time according to my GPS is 2 hours 1 min 31secs, so I reckon I have just had a new PB as well :d Would have liked to get under the 2 hours but considering the course Im really happy.....
How did everyone else get on?

O.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well done Owain.

Brilliant effort.

Find a flat one next time.................:d

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here is a map of todays course. The GPS lost signal in some areas so the distance is a bit short of the 13.1 miles but trust me, I did it :d

Click here

I have a feeling the Edinburgh Half marathon is probably one of the flatest course in Scotland, I could be wrong but one thing I am sure about is, Dunfermline is not a flat course :d

O.

·
Registered
392 Posts
2.20. thats a rough time at the moment until the chip times come in. For my first im happy with that and as i was going for 2.30 its a bonus. Had a few niggles and needed the odd walk but all in all im very happy. My mate got a bit of cramp but all in all it went well. Also thanks to the BP for letting me use the toilet :d . I couldnt agree more about the marshalls and water stop people (everyone really in general, trying not to miss anybody like the baggage people). If any you ever read this - THANKS. It made the day better.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well done to you both, especially tackling all them there hills on the route! My last half had just one long hill climb and that was bad enough. I was thinking of doing Leeds half later this year but I read that parts of it are hilly. Anyways, congrats for finishing both of you.:)

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That's a great time Momorris......I'm glad I Q'd for the gents before the run since there werent many portaloos on the route, were there any actually...can't remember seing them if they were there.
I would say if your getting a 2:20 time at Dunfermline you should easily get the 2:15 or 2:10 in Edinburgh, but since thats a year away you should even be able to sneak under the 2 hour mark :)
Im going to start going to the Carnagie Harriers running club on Tuesday's and Thursday nights, I had a chat with them at the Expo and they are really nice. That should help me with hills and things but I probably wont go until after the full Edinburgh marathon in a couple of weeks.

O.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts