Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ive been using earphones for some time now, and find that normal 'ipod' earphones are useless when jogging, and will fall out after every 4 steps...

So, i use 'in ear' or 'plug' ear phones.

But my annoying thing now, is this random fancy thing that they have done with a few earphones... one wire is longer than the other from where the individual L and R earphones connect....

Some crazy fashion where i have to rap one wire around my back, between my shorts, through the arm and then behind my neck, so its the perfect length with the other one... and i end up having wires hanging out left right n centre, and the shorter one always falls out from the strain...

ANY WAY, i need new ones.. the L earphone blew.. not sure how... but any way..

whats the word or description of ear phone cord i need to look for... so that when i buy earphones they have the same length cord! hehe :happy:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
erm not sure

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I've got the same problem with my earphones, even though I don't use them for running.

Why don't you check out the sports headphones that wrap round your ears?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I don't think their is a said keyword that describes equal length wires... It seems most aftermarket ones have equal lengths though?

You could always fork out and get some bluetooth ones, plug the sender into your mp3 player (or whatever) and enjoy wire-free music :d Or you could listen to the wonders of nature...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Erm surely if you take the long one and wrap it round the back of your neck it's the right lengh?I like it like thisit meens the wire from my ipod goes up the side of my neck out of the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also use sennheisers, but I've gone for the OMX 70, the L and R have equal length.

I also use an arm band for my MP3 player and I just tuck the extra cord into the arm band.
Another option is to put the headphones on before your top, that way there is less movement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Blimey they look good! I may have to invest in some of those, my ipod earphones are ok but the right one falls out all the time, I must have an odd right ear:'(

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a problem in that I'm deaf in my right ear so no need for an earphone in that one...I usually wrap the disused wire round the shoulder strap of my sports bra to keep it tucked out the way.

Obviously not a solution for the boys.....or is it?! :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
ive been useing those phones inthe photo for about 6 months, would'nt use anything else now. well worth the money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts