Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Crown to Crown X-Country 5K:Good friday,11AM.

Try to beat Boxing Days 25:02

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
You know me too well.

Starts and finishes at the same pub..............................:d

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
admin said:
Anyone participating in any races this weekend? Runningfox, any good races on in Yorkshire?
We're doing the Guiseley Gallop on Easter Sunday, a 10K mixed terrain race starting from Westside Retail Park at 10.30am. Don't know whether you can enter on the day but have a look on John Schofield's site: www.ukresults.net
Make yourself known if you do it Dan. We're numbers 116 and 117 wearing Longwood Harriers blue and white horizontal stripe vests.
Cheers!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Rich and I are doing the Easter Bunny 10k on Easter Monday, which is also the next race in the Somerset Series

But the main reason for running it is that you get an Easter egg at the finish..... as well as cakes :p

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
Mum's down so seems a bit rude to enter a race but I'm thinking of going up to see in Manchester in August just so I can compete in a 10K - do you think she will mind?

·
Registered
813 Posts
I think she would understand, mine would, as long as I spent some time with her. Would she come and support you?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
You probably already tell her about your running if you let her know that you plan to do a race at least she will be prepared, and like bagpuss has asked if she could come and support you, she will also get somehting out of it aswell, by seeing you at the finishing line? :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Trinity said:
Rich and I are doing the Easter Bunny 10k on Easter Monday, which is also the next race in the Somerset Series

But the main reason for running it is that you get an Easter egg at the finish..... as well as cakes :p

Well how could you not enter? :d :d

I can't wait for sunday, all I can think about is chocolate..... :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
No race for me ...one last mid/long distance FLM training run of 14m.

SE,
I get my parents to come along to at least 2 races a year...the one in their town and one in Lowestoft..they seem to enjoy it. They'll be coming to London too. It becomes a family do.....and you're the centre of attention!!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
.....and you're the centre of attention!![/QUOTE]

And could this be the answer to you now becoming the chairman? :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I don't think so TT.....I'm backwards in coming forwards....I think I "got lucky" because I've organised the cross country team, the club championship, structured runs on Thursday nights and proof read the newsletters.
My last club was a lot more organised!

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Runningfox said:
We're doing the Guiseley Gallop on Easter Sunday, a 10K mixed terrain race starting from Westside Retail Park at 10.30am. Don't know whether you can enter on the day but have a look on John Schofield's site: www.ukresults.net
Make yourself known if you do it Dan. We're numbers 116 and 117 wearing Longwood Harriers blue and white horizontal stripe vests.
Cheers!
Cheers Gordon, I'm gonna try and make that one if I can - I shall keep an eye out for you. I'll have a white vest on with green trim.

Dan

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
I am not racing myself this weekend, but just wanted to say........

All do have a fab Easter and eat lots of chocolate, especially the girls :d :p

·
Registered
813 Posts
I've started already. Our cleaner at work left me a Kit-Kat egg, so I ate it this morning! and I'm not even running today as two 'girlies' are coming round tonight for a moan and a bitch and it will involve loads of chocolate and alcohol!

·
RunnersForum Founder
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Runningfox said:
Cheers!
Thanks for letting me know about the race Runningfox, I enjoyed it.

Well done to Runningfox for winning the V70 category!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts