Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought I'd start a little thread up for those who've raced this weekend (or are racing tomorrow on bank holiday monday) to let us know how they got on!

I raced a 5 miler today - a 2 lap multi terrain race that I really wasn't expecting. Entirely my fault for not paying enough attention to the race details but I was expecting a road race with some paths through Warwick University Campus at worst, instead it was 1/3 road, 1/3 grass/hard mud, and 1/3 sludge.

hard mud and road were fine, but as soon as I hit the sludge I was done for, I dread to think how much time I lost trying to stay upright! Anyway, enough about my problems in the race, it went fantastically well and I ran my @rse off. Despite the small field of 103 finishers, I was delighted with my finishing position of 9th in 30:47. :d

Hope everyone else had as productive a weekend :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
awesome result Richard, congrats!

no racing for me this weekend, its been productive never the less... did a long run (long for me, half marathon length, hilly) with a small backpack on, great fun!, rest yesterday and a short speed session today :cool:

congratulations again on your top ten

Regards,
Allan.

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
6 09 miling and your worried about the forum outing most of us will be in zimmer frames before long your just a slip of a thing!;)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
What have you been doing to train up for that kind of pace Rich? and can I have a copy of the schedule :rolleyes:

You've got quite a bit faster since you set your 5k, 10k and half marathon PB's

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Trinity said:
What have you been doing to train up for that kind of pace Rich? and can I have a copy of the schedule :rolleyes:

You've got quite a bit faster since you set your 5k, 10k and half marathon PB's
me too!;) .....

·
Registered
506 Posts
Wow, that's a good finishing time for the ground and conditions! Good result, well done:) I wish I could run that fast.

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the congratulations guys! much appreciated! Two things have changed since I set most of my PB's... number one, I joined a club, which I'll goto whenever I can and I train with guys faster than me, it helps to pull me along a little i think! Secondly is joining this forum :d Sounds silly but with running on the brain more often it's been much easier to develop a training routine and I'm always itching to get out on my next run!

One thing that may sound a little strange, is that I only tend to run 3 times a week :eek: Those runs being a speed session or hill circuit on a tues, a long tempo (6-8miles) on a thurs and a long run on sat/sun. I'll play a bit of football and do some cross training in the gym on most of the other days.

Hoping to smash all my PB's this year, and I may even make my rather optimistic target times I set at the end of 2007 for 2008 (1:25:00 Half Mara and 36min 10k, the latter being the harder I think!). Cheers again for the encouragement, it really does help me to get out and run more!!! :d

I can't believe I'm the only one to have raced this weekend! Where's everyone elses results?

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
it's 3 weeks before FLM Rich... and you know what that means... the last longest run

I did my 22 today, and now it's taper time :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
steepler said:
Good luck Trin.
Nice to see you back training. are you over all your injury woes?

Thanks steepler :)
as for the injury woes... not quite, but have a new consultant who is very good and I believe he is the one who will get the problem sorted once and forall

Having said that, I've managed to complete the training schedule quite well, so who knows what's ging on... maybe it's fixed itself :huh:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
WOW Rich Congratulations Speed Demon now. :d

I was fortunate enough to watch the first runners coming in on a 10k charity run on good friday (pulled out at two miles cause of migraine) and boy was it nice to see, 32 mins was the first guy in he was foaming at the mouth (which was not as nice of course) the second was a young guy who is 18 years old and the third was our fastest club member.... i normally come in when they are home had bath had there three course meal then sitting down to watch tv...
;)

Ok slight Exaggeration but they are very quick !!! i hope to get quicker this year.

:)

Hope all goes well for you Trin and you stay Injury Free (hugs)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Crikey that is some going nice one Richard. :d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again fellow forumites! :d
I'm really pleased with my progress since last year, and I've no doubt that being able to talk to other running nuts/general crazy people on here has helped me keep motivation to train hard, so thanks to y'all!

I've certainly got a number of running goals lined up as far as the eye can see, but for now I think most would consider me either naiive or cocky to expect to ever reach them... :confused: Still, if you don't aim high... :rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts