Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice on what to eat between finishing work and starting session.

On Monday and Wednesday I train with a group which begins at 7pm. I usually finish work at 4/4:30. I don't feel like I have the time to eat a full meal in the period and often struggle to get good quality fuel on board during this time. This is mainly down to a lack of ideas.

So my question is this; what are people in similar positions eating during this time?

Any help would be appreciated as these are my most important sessions of the week and I feel like I'm not maximising them due to not fuelling correctly.

Many thanks in advance.

James

·
Registered
811 Posts
I usually eat a snack before going to training. If I'm feeling really hungry I'll sometimes cram a snickers or two while chatting before training starts. Then I eat a proper dinner afterwards or sometimes I'll just go to the chippy on the way home.

As long as you're eating a normal balanced diet I don't think that you need to do any special fueling for a 1 hour training session, regardless of how hard you run it. Your body will have more than enough fuel reserves to cover it.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
On weds I have exactly the same time frames, i.e. leave work 4.30, go to running club 7.30.

I tend to either not have anything or like SB I just snack, maybe crisps or a chocolate bar, sometimes may have a M&S wrap or sandwich - mostly out of boredom though (long commute home) rather than anything regards fuelling. Then eat a normal (unhealthy) meal when I get home, 8.30'ish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts