Runners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good to see that the organisers have teamed up with Asics for 2009, my tshirt that I got last year was nice but already I have a hole in it! The quality was a bit poor.

O.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent :) I was about to enter but I wasnt sure whether to book the shuttle bus or not, will speak to the misses and book my place on the race tonight, I doubt all the tickets will go in one day :)

O.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a newsletter from the organisers the other day which has encouraged me even more to run the course.
They are making improvements on this years course from the comments made by last years runners. Last year at the 17mile mark the road surface was really loose and very hard to run on, they have said they will improve this for 2009 which will be good. They are also going to improve the starting area to allow for more space for runners and spectators which again will be a good move.

How bad is this! Getting excited about a race which is ages away yet!

O.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I'm in too!

I decided to get the shuttle bus to get back to the city centre, but didn't get any merchandise. Between concert T-shirts and race T-Shirts, I really don't need anymore.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I signed us both up at 4am :( For some reason I was wide awake.
Our first one.... 3:30 target for me and 4:00 for Mel.
Currently at 1/2 marathon distance so a few months to get up to full.

Time to sort a training plan!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well they had a shuttle bus in Dundee. The drivers were not bothered about tickets. In fact he was really surprised i had managed to hold onto mine for 13 miles. Hopefully Edinburgh would be like that also. You can still buy shuttle tickets though by going to transport - shuttle bus in the listings on the left. Good to see they have one to the finish as well so friends can watch at the line.

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I didnt buy a shuttle ticket because I will be running the distance and Judith will just drive to the finish. She did that this year without to much of an issue, although the first guy had crossed the finish line before she managed to get parked!! :)

O.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I know some races have free buses. However you seem to have to travel back to on public transport, based on the info on the website.

Lucky you, Owain - I wished I was getting chaffeur-driven back home afterwards.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm hoping to have my partner and other willing members of my family at the finish, all ready to carry me the normally 10 minute walk to my flat :d

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.