Runners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
ive applied through the ballot and awaiting the end of this month to find out if im succesful!

Hows the training going?

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its going not too bad, currently focused on the Edinburgh 1/2 Marathon but then it will be full marathon!

Just 2 weeks in to my training programme but I should be on target for giving the marathon a go!

Looking forward to iy :) How's your training going?

O.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Trainings doing ok.

Only out 3 times a week just now but looking to move up to 4 times. Didnt want to over do it.

Better get my finger out though, the ballot was out today... Im in!! :eek:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

I'm also taking part in the Edinburgh marathon. Its the first marathon I attempted and I cant wait to get up to Edinburgh.

Currently in the 3rd week of my training and touch wood all going well.

Any tips for a first timer?

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No idea :) Im also a first timer. Im going for the 1/2 marathon first and then taking my training up a gear ready for the full Marathon. The only thing I have read which I think is great advice for your first marathon is not to set yourself a time to finish it in.

The reason for this is if you set yourself a target of 3 hours but you finish in 3 hours 15mins you will be dissappionted you didnt pick up the pace to get within your 3 hours target when reality is you have just completed a marathon...26 miles of running....how many other do you know that have done that....once you start running marathons on a more frequent basis then you could go for finishing times. I personally just want to finish it and that's my target :)

O.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yep good advice.

I'm doing a 1/2 marathon towards the end of March which will probably give me some indication of my likely time for the full marathon but I'm not too interested in time anyway. For me its a challenge which I've put off for for too long but now I've started I'm already getting the buzz and really looking forward to every training session!

·
Administrator
6,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's great! No point in doing it if your not enjoying it :)
Im enjoying it so much that I get up at 6:30 most mornings now to get in to the gym before work! :)

Let us know how you get on and maybe see you at the Edinburgh marathon!

O.

A

·
0 Posts
Owain said:
Is anyone here taking part in the Edinburgh marathon?

I will be sending my application form off to the RNLI this week to get my guarenteed spot....

O.
I've just had my acceptance email for a free place based on my Bramley 20m time. Woo Hoo!:d

Andrew. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts