Runners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went for an hour run during my lunch today and thought I would head along the Union Canel instead of round and round the local park.
What a difference, all the runners on the canal path said hello or nodded their heads when passing in the opposite direction and even some of the cyclists said hello or thanks when I got out their way.

http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-kingdom/edinburgh/298958128847

7.24 miles during the hour which I am really happy with, should get well below my 2 hour target for the Dundee Half Marathon in a couple of weeks time.

Has anyone else ran the Union Canal? Maybe from the Glasgow end?

O.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Do you mean the Forth and Clyde canal?

I have ran it from maryhill back to kirkintilloch where i stay and from the Falkirk wheel to Kirkintilloch. The Maryhill section is a bit rough but when i gets into Bishopbriggs its nicer. The run from the wheel home was around 15miles and its really nice. Around the wheel and areas like Kilsyth, Kirkintilloch and Bishopbriggs is good as you get the friendly hellos and you see all the country side plus some pubs etc. Nice and flat too!

If your lucky you get too see some anglers landing the odd pike!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.