Runners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me?

• 2km Swim and 30km cycle today - Good Friday.
  • 5km BPTT race tomorrow - going to try a different way of running - going to see if I can go out fast (make it hurt) and then see if I can hold it... expect tears when I do just that and end with a slower than normal time ;-)
  • Long run Sunday - probably go extra long just to wind up Shiraz during her taper (so far this week she claims to have pulled two muscles, to have felt the onslaught of three early stage colds and - the most recent development - she thinks she might have chickenpox - taper madness, anyone?
  • Monday - first tri of the year - 6am start for 400m swim, 21km cycle, 5km run - everything but the cycle is under control... Then it's off to Woolies to see if the Easter eggs are half price - got to have something to eat for the Easter Monday Bond film!

·
Registered
244 Posts
Been out for a 22.5 mile run this morning doing a recce of the white peak mara course. Was lovely weather and great out there. Really looking forward to the race now although my legs really didn't agree from 19 miles on today!

Nothing doing tomorrow, and if I've recovered ok from todays run I may do about 5 miles on Sunday and possibly similar on Monday.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Friday... nothing

Saturday... no running (although I did do 30k on someone's exercise bike with no problems at all)

Sunday... rest

Monday... still no running :(

Am still trying to get my leg right that injured after the Oakley 20... I'll leave it til Friday and then go out for a easy 3 mile run... depending on how it is I'll then make my decision re FLM

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well done Frog!

Fingers crossed for Trinity.

I had a fab (but not that fast) race today (lovely spring weather) and also got my PB on Saturday - so now the big question is "where are my eggs?" - surely I've earned them now!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Well done to the week-end racers.
My running :
Friday - rest
Saturday - 8km on the beach in Northern France, in drizzle and gales
Sunday - 16km in France again but not on the beach
Monday - rest

I empathise with Shiraz. I have a small branch of Boots in my desk drawer at work : Vit C, Vit E, multivitamins, Selenium tablets, Lemsip Max, Strepsils, Ibuprofen, micropore surgical tape, Compeed plasters, Lucozade Sport, and SiS Rego powder. And the less running I do the more tired I feel...

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
My weekend was as follows.
Friday. A.M. 4 miles steady
P.M. Good,good Friday run in Brighton. Very hilly course. 6k out at the slowest persons pace then 6k hard back. I was sixth and ran 27.03 for a nice relaxed workout.
Saturday. A.M. 4 miles easy
P.M. 1 mile warm up. Relay leg (2.1 miles) in 12.56 for Crawley AC's B team. Crossed the line and was handed a number to run the sixth leg aswell as the third leg I had just completed! Cruised the 6th leg in 14.00
Sunday. A.M. 16 miles Steady.
P.M. Choccy monster!
Monday A.M. 4.5 miles
P.M. 6.5 miles.

Overall a great weekend. Didn't have to work aswell which was a nice change!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts