Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of getting some of those running bottoms with the strap across the foot. Where does the strap go? (polite answers only please!) Options seem to be under shoe - not likely cos it will wear off, inside sock and outside sock but I don't know if that could cause blisters!
Advice will be gratefully received.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
The cool way to wear them is to not use the strap at all and just have it hanging loose. The younger hip runners think it is seriously uncool to use the strap. But if you do want to use it, then you put it over your sock and inside the shoe :p

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i think officially they are meant to go over socks into shoe, but personally i think it would really bug the hell out of me...
id prob end up for putting the strap at the back of my foot... it would be very uncool at the front.

have you checked out the lycra ones they seam to stay put with out the strappy thing

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Cut 'em off if they get in the way......or buy a pair without them!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I think I've thought this question but never asked it :p - I don't wear my tracksters unless it's likely I'll lose limbs through the cold!

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
I wear mine over my sock but in my shoe and so do all the other runners I know that where - we are too old to worry about looking cool

·
Registered
72 Posts
Buy threequarter length problem solved

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
I wear mine over socks in shoes, not worried about looking cool to busy running faster than all the cool looking runners!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I bought a pair of those running tight thingies. I wore them once, in my bedroom, realised I looked utterly preposterous and have never put them on again. They looked way too tight. I just couldn't pull them off (not literally).

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think my problem would be that I couldn't pull them ON. Thought of neighbours seeing me ......... the shame for my children............ paying for therapy for anyone who passes...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I normally wear lycra shorts under my normal running shorts as Iused to get thigh chaff,now my legs have thinned I have started wearing just my lycra shorts to run in!!!! Have to admit my legs look good

·
Registered
693 Posts
I either wear standard jogging bottoms or if its warm 3/4 length capri pants. I dont feel confident enough yet to wear shorts!

·
Banned
5,585 Posts
Not long got myslef some proper running shorts don't know why I didn't do it ages ago what an odds, some of that slippy slidey stick deodorant stuff and I'm off!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts