Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try and run almost at least 5 days a week, usually 6 Kilometers a day. I always wear some type of running tights. I should mention that I am circumcised, after about 6 Kilometers, my tip can start getting irritated and gets red. Does any other circumcised guy have this problem? Do you know of lotion or cream to but on the tip to help with chaffing?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Strange that vaseline seems to be ignored these days as the marathon runners friend. I've used it since the 70's on feet as a blister/chafing preventer, yet younger clubmates all prefer much more expensive modern products. Very large dollops of the stuff on feet, thighs, underarms and nipples are the best?
Mind you it does tend to stain your kit, but old blokes run in 20year old kit, so we don't care !

·
Registered
33 Posts
I`ve also used it recently as a layer of insulation during a very cold, wet and windy race, where I knew that my waterproof layer wouldn`t last the course of the race and I needed something on top of my base layers to keep me warm. ( smeared it all over my chest and shoulders )

And funnily enough I ran in a load of old tops due to the staining !!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
When I were a lad... we used to smear soap inside our socks when going on long marches, army style.... it worked.
I believe that smearing the inside of banana peal helps also.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts