Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been following Dean Karnazes' progress on the Endurance 50?
Is anyone else baffled and bemused by someone actually being capable of this, or is it just me?!! If you don't know what the hell I'm talking about; check it out

http://www.endurance50.com/

What an amazing guy and what an amazing experience it must be. I think I'll give it a few years before I try it though :huh:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Incredible effort involved.
How do you train for such an event? One marathon is enough for most of us...day in day out for 50 days?!
Hope he makes it and raises loads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for the info!

Had no idea it was going on, have signed up to be kep up to date.

I am doing the NY marathon which I see is his last marathon so hopefully might see him and his team!

Definately not for the faint hearted and one for the record books!:eek:

·
Registered
664 Posts
What do the experienced guys on the board think ? Surely this contravenes all recommendations about the importance of rest / recovery in distance running. No matter the good causes, this cannot be good for his long term well-being. It smacks of obsessive behaviour. :confused:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I'm not a medical chap but I know it takes me 2/3 weeks to recover from a marathon. Doing the distance daily rather than racing it may make a difference...I've not been on his site so don't know what times he's doing.
Long term effects are what I would worry about....how will his body react once he stops? Will he need to keep up such exercise or "ween" himself of it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts