Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you enter race(s) you've run and race(s) you've entered onto your public profile?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I remember someone asking about this months ago when I first joined I think? Might be worth doing a search?

I think it's something to do with teh 'races' tab at the top of the page, though you can only add races that are in the runnersforum database, so a lot of the time you have to add a race to the runners forum database before adding it to your profile?

That's what I *think* is the case anyway... I've not actually done it before!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
If the race is already entered in the "Race" section you should just be able to add it to your profile.

If it is not in the "Race" section you will need to "add race" and once it has been approved you can then add it to your profile.

I hope that makes sense.

TT

·
Registered
506 Posts
You have to 'add' a race first and then wait a while until it's been verified by the admin. After that the race should appear on the race calendar for that month and you can then add that race to your profile and enter your finishing time when you've done it. As for older races, I'm not sure you can add the details and finishing time retrospectively. Can anybody confirm that?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I've emailed Admin to ask about past races and if they can be added, also I noticed that races I'd added were immediately available to add to my race list, not sure if they're all automatically approved, or if it's a moderator privelege?

Might try to add a previous race and let y'all know how it goes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't find all the information for the northumberland coastal run and *cough* runners world won't let me look because I'm not a subscriber. I don't know the event venue or the postcode. Do I just put Beadnell Harbour Car Park for venue or do I put Northumberland coast? Do either have a postcode?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Don't tell anyone I told you... but if you're stuck, I think you'll get away with entering Beadnell Harbour Car Park for venue, and 'Northumberland coast' as the postcode.

If it's a run that's already happened it's not so much of an issue, for future races it's just beneficial to give as much information as you can to help out potential entrants. I went as far as finding the postcodes on the royal mail website ;)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, I've just got to wait for it to be approved now. I tried checking on RW by viewing the entry form but it's full, apparently.

·
Premium Member
620 Posts
Thumbs said:
Thanks, I've just got to wait for it to be approved now. I tried checking on RW by viewing the entry form but it's full, apparently.
This race would have filled up quickly as it was voted the best race in Britain last year by RW (and it is a great race). Forunately I got my entry in early!

There have been some good suggestions for impovements to the races section, I'm going to review them and see if we can get the section sorted out so its more like what you guys need.

If anyone has another other changes to suggest, please post here.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got an entry too. I was just checking RW for the details.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts