Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any forumites taking part in either of these two upcoming events. Got my race numbers through recently.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
nope... not me.

I have done both events before though.
I didn't enjoy GNR at all... the whole race from start to finish was far too crowded, but it's too pricey for me now anyway.

On the other hand, I did enjoy Robin Hood marathon, and I beat my then PB by 10 minutes there, which I've since beaten again. It's a great race and very well organised and supported.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I fancy doing the Robin Hood one day but GNR is too big and too short in my eyes....would never get going........and the thought of all those Toon Army shouts!!!!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Done the half yesterday and had race for the line with TT. I tried to clip her heels but missed and I think she pipped me at the post.:mad: :rolleyes:

It was a good event in terms of atmosphere and scenery and a good day out, parking was not a problem. The best bit was the fork near the end where the full marathoners carry on and the halfers have just a few yards left! I'd recommend it to anyone that wants a relaxed event with no pressure of trying to achieve a P.B. as I don't think I'd have had much chance of that as the course does narrow in alot of places and there are so many runners. It was good to cheer the full marathoners in afterwards.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Well done HF and Twinks (spect she's havin a lie in ;) )

What was your time?

I did 3.47 for the marathon there in 2005... which was the 25th anniversary of the event

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Nice one HF.

Nice of you to let TT beat you...................:d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Dave said:
Nice one HF.

Nice of you to let TT beat you...................:d
Let me beat him is about right Dave, looking at the results he still came in first ha ha :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Trinity said:
Well done HF and Twinks (spect she's havin a lie in ;) )

What was your time?

I did 3.47 for the marathon there in 2005... which was the 25th anniversary of the event

A lie in would have been great, but sadly not today. We finished in 1:57 :d very pleased with it as I didn't do a great deal of training.

It was a great event very well organised would do it again, and like HF says it was great cheering in the marathon runners big up big up to them.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thats a good time Trinity. From what we were told yesterday the course has been changed in each of the last two years and this year was almost as the original was prior to this time.
The first few miles were virtually all on a gradual incline but then flat for the last 3 maybe 4.
Not sure if the last 13 for the marathon are any different.

Dave. She threatened me with unrepeatable consequences if she didn't cross the line before me.:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts