Runners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

does anyone do any other regular exercise that is not part of their training?
i ask because i cycle to work every day (only 3 1/2 miles) and play football for a 2 local teams,
and now im running aswel, i'm not playing football at the minute but im wondering how ill cope when the season starts.

for example on a sunday i'd normally play two full 11-a-side games lasting 90mins each and my legs would be aching until wednesday - thursday so cant see how ill be able to fit enough jogging in.

it sounds silly but even though im fit enough to play both those games my distance running isnt that great....

im thinking i might have to give the footy up until after the great north run.

anyone with any comments more than welcome and thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I use to play a few times a week, 11 aside on Sunday and a couple of 5aside games during the week. When I started running there was no way I could play as often as I was, I ended up cutting it down to once a week for the first few months, and I'm now back upto twice a week.

I now make sure I never run on a 'football' day, tried it a few times and the run was just pants :d

On a positive note, I'm still crap at football but the fitness levels have really improved :p

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I usually go to the gym a couple of times a week and throw some swimming and cycling into the mix as well.

As I'm picking up the mileage for my marathon training at the moment, I not doing much else - I'm limiting myself to one gym session a week in order to (hopefully!) avoid overtraining.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts