Runners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just read about a race called the "Brathay Challenge" on the web site of a local newspaper. This race is held in the Lake District, taking in Ambleside, Hawkshead and Newby Bridge, over the usual marathon distance... every day... for TEN consecutive days! The tenth day's race is actually incorporated within the "usual" Windermere Marathon.
Eleven competitors took part this year, and the fastest time was actually recorded, amazingly, on the ninth day... 3 hours and 22 minutes... :eek:

Anyone fancy a go next year? :d

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wow, the person who got that fastest time must have seriously been pacing themselves to get it on the ninth day!

I'd struggle to finish a half marathon; so I think I need a bit more training ;)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'm contemplating doing some form of extreme marathon next year... Maybe Augrabies or something. 10 marathons in 10 days is just insanity... :eek:

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
I remember that guy that ran a marathon a day, every day, for a couple of weeks through Death Valley in temperatures hitting 50c. I thought that was insane, but it was all for charity.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts