Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

New to the forum.

I run every two days, 3 miles then other days i do a bit of weights (about 30 mins arms and chest).

I've been running a few years now but approx 3 or 4 months ago i'm finding i have a slightly swollen face after the run and it lasts about a day.

After a few months i usually have a week or so break and during that time my face is fine.

I'm wondering if its hydration related ?

Anyone experience something similar ?

thanks,

Jan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Guys,

Richard yeah it happens around the cheeks area mostly. 3 miles is not that long a distance so i quite puzzled about it. Maybe its just tightening ?

Jan

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
Around this time of year, my eyelids usually get very itchy and my eyes feel really tired. On bad days, my eyes look quite puffy.

I reckon its due to an increase in pollen around this time of year, as the itchy eyes continue through the summer.

Do you have hayfever or do you run near plants/trees? It might be worth taking a anti-histamine tablet such as Clarityn.

I'd definatley suggest going to see your GP to make sure though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've mentioned it to the doctor and he does not think its anything to worry about.
Might be hayfever i usually have very mild symptoms during very high pollen counts. I jog around playing fields, not many trees but plenty of grass.

Water, i don't think i drink too much or too little.. approx 2-3 liters a day.

Its visible and looks like puffy cheeks.

Jan

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
janmclare said:
I've mentioned it to the doctor and he does not think its anything to worry about.
Might be hayfever i usually have very mild symptoms during very high pollen counts. I jog around playing fields, not many trees but plenty of grass.

Water, i don't think i drink too much or too little.. approx 2-3 liters a day.

Its visible and looks like puffy cheeks.

Jan
The reason i asked is that overhydration can cause similar symptoms but clearly not in your situation .

If it's not too much of a problem i wouldn't worry!

Take it easy ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts