Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sit here at the laptop having prepared the Sunday Dinner and looking out of the window at the threatening rain and bending fence panels. The birds have long since deserted the feeders which only leave the upturned toys strewn across the garden by the wind to look at. The thermometer tells me it is no warmer than 6C and the wind is saying something even lower.

My heart is telling me that I need to get out and knock a few miles up, but my head is telling me to stay in and watch the Grand Prix. I know my head will win and that if this was a glorious day in June I'd have been out early this morning and I'd now be planning my evening run.

Does this make me a wimp, or just plain lazy or both?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Well, if you are a wimp, I am also. It's bright and sunny over here, and I still find myself posting on blogs and watching Youtube clips instead of going out for my run...

If you end up staying in, your beer's flat and the Grand Prix is really dull, then consider it karmic retribution :cool:

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
scr8pe said:
My heart is telling me that I need to get out and knock a few miles up, but my head is telling me to stay in and watch the Grand Prix. I know my head will win and that if this was a glorious day in June I'd have been out early this morning and I'd now be planning my evening run.

You could tape the GP and watch it when you get back from your run.

Or you could call it a "Rest Day" from all the hard training you've done this week.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
chocolate pudding is only for peeps who get out there and run! :rolleyes:

The easiest way to motivate yourself is to imagine what it's like when you have a long term injury and physically cannot run for months...

then get your kit on and be grateful that you can :)

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Trinity said:
chocolate pudding is only for peeps who get out there and run! :rolleyes:

The easiest way to motivate yourself is to imagine what it's like when you have a long term injury and physically cannot run for months...

then get your kit on and be grateful that you can :)
Sorry mrs moderator i shan't allow chocolate to enter my vocadbury again

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
cheriton said:
Sorry mrs moderator i shan't allow chocolate to enter my vocadbury again

with the exception of those who want to run but can't because their bodies are letting them down... then you need medicinal chocolate pudding ;)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Has Trin been to Cadbury World in Bournville I wonder?

BACK ON THREAD....

Before the race yesterday I wished I was still at home...wouldn't have got my pb though if I was under the duvet!!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
*eek nothing to say now

Steve put me right off the thread now :p

Prefer the chocolate talk

:d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Think your daughters top is spot on.

:p least chocolate only gives you spots .... being in love gives you loads of hassle.

one thing is it makes you be able to do is give wicked dirty looks to your other half :p the stare...............

1 - 20 of 26 Posts