Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way off topic but are there any RF members who would like to compete in Play The Game a version of fantasy football run by The Times?
It's free to enter and although it looks complicated it isn't too demanding once teams are allocated....don't ask me to explain the points scoring system though.

If there's sufficient interest I'll set up a private league (max 20).
Season starts 11/8 so will need to sort out league and get players allocated by say 7/8.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Don't know how it all works but will give it a go, if you get more than 20 and they are more into it than me I don't mind giving up my space.

TT :d

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First come first served TT...as long as you pass the following test.....

What team won the World Cup IN 1966?
DON'T JUMP IN...THINK CAREFULLY..............

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Steve said:
First come first served TT...as long as you pass the following test.....

What team won the World Cup IN 1966?
DON'T JUMP IN...THINK CAREFULLY..............

see what you have done now Steve you have made me all nervous, I think maybe just maybe it might have been ENGLAND :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Steve said:
Told you not to jump in TT...I didn't ask what country won the World Cup in 1966!!
Phone a friend?
drats maybe I shouldn't play :eek:

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Im in so thats another girl, might just do well who knows.

Steve, think your find West Ham have completed the signing of Arsenal midfielder Freddie Ljungberg, i bet he brings some fans along with him (women i would have thought). Think things are looking up for us cant wait for next season.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Indeed they have...a good short term buy I believe.
Just need to get the Tevez thing out of the way asap.
WHU playing at MK Dons today...Incey manager there now.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bagpuss said:
Not sure I can fantasize about football, can I be Preston North End?
That's not quite how it works Bagpuss though you can give your team a name.

Log into The Times website and have a look at Play The Game...don't get put off by how complicated it may seem...it's fairly easy really. I haven't set up a league yet so don't register a team for the time being.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Iv had a look steve ready when you have the enough players, whats wrong with all women, be entertaining thats for sure !!!!!!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hayley1977 said:
Iv had a look steve ready when you have the enough players, whats wrong with all women, be entertaining thats for sure !!!!!!
Nothing at all!!

As long as we have 5 interested I can set up a league....more would be better though.

SWMBO used to play..at one stage our Sundays were quite hectic with me playing in the morning, then running a youth team in the afternoon and SWMBO playing in the afternoon too. Thank God we gave that all up to run!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have set up the Private League for 10 teams. This can be reduced (to 5 min) or added to (to 20 max) anytime before the allocation of players which is set for 7/8.

To join the league search for its name which, imaginatively, is Runners Forum Liga and the password is SPRINT

You'll see my team there already....OB IRONWORKS (which I expect Dave and Hayley to understand!)

Join asap...the more the merrier!

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
O.B IRONWORKS ? Ir ham O.B=?

Im coming after you Steve, registered today Legs Eleven with a little photo of freddie in his pants to help me along.
Iv done the player order, i take it, it picks players for you?
hayley

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hayley1977 said:
O.B IRONWORKS ? Ir ham O.B=?

Im coming after you Steve, registered today Legs Eleven with a little photo of freddie in his pants to help me along.
Iv done the player order, i take it, it picks players for you?
hayley
Players are allocated to each squad by reference to the order you and other league teams have placed them. No squad therefore will consist of everyone you want... the idea being you are put in the position of a real manager. As a consequence a player can only be allocated to one squad in the league. Once squads are allocated you need to pick your team/subs for each "set" of 38 real premiership games.

Sounds complicated but I'm sure it'll be fine!!

OB ...abbreviation for Oulton Broad...
Thames Ironworks (WHU original name) therefore becomes OB Ironworks

Not happy about losing to MK Dons after being 2-0 up...need to sort defence out sharpish!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts