Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite bit of kit...?

A certain model of road shoe, fell shoes, shorts, long sleeved top, jacket, socks....

Which is your favorite...?:)

·
Registered
664 Posts
I guess because of the weather just now my snug 1000 mile running gloves (secret santa gift in work), but overall Asics runing shoes have been trusty friends since I started all this a year ago.

·
Registered
151 Posts
My Concurve Gore-tex Pac Lite jacket. No drop of water gets through it, very light and rolls up into a bumbag....on the lookout for matching over trousers now.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
My new MP3 player, only just started running with one, can't imagine what it was like without one now.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Granty said:
My new MP3 player, only just started running with one, can't imagine what it was like without one now.

I just started running with music takes my mind of the actual running:) great stuff.

And as i type this theres some ickle snow flakes falling:d :d :) :p

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
oooh could you imagine just after a long run, has anyone ever done that? :eek:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Steve said:
Do you mean.... has anyone discovered that they have lost their front door key after doing a long run?
lost or forgotten it, that would be a nightmare :eek:

·
Registered
813 Posts
A colleague had done a 7 mile run, realised that he had lost his car key. Ran the whole run again couldn't find it, so ran it again with someone else!.......21 miles and he found it back near his car!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Bagpuss said:
A colleague had done a 7 mile run, realised that he had lost his car key. Ran the whole run again couldn't find it, so ran it again with someone else!.......21 miles and he found it back near his car!
What a laugh, Bagpuss! Not sure I would have owned up to that story if I'd been your colleague.

Nice to have you around by the way - I miss the frequency of your previous posts.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Nice to have you around by the way - I miss the frequency of your previous posts.[/QUOTE]

Ahh....Thanks Karen,

I always like reading all the info on this forum 'serious running stuff' or the more light hearted banter, keeps me going. Have just started getting back into things after nearly two months off. I have entered the Romsey five mile race tomorrow. Not expecting a good time, but just hope for 'a good run'.

Keep on running!!!

Lyn (Bagpuss)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Bagpuss said:
I have entered the Romsey five mile race tomorrow.

Lyn (Bagpuss)
Make it a good one Lyn.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Dave said:
Make it a good one Lyn.

Good Luck.
Thanks Dave,
Hope it's like today, bright and sunny with no wind (not that sort). Have had to forego the curry tonight in favour of pasta!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Bagpuss said:
Thanks Dave,
Have had to forego the curry tonight in favour of pasta!

That will help with any wind problem.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Bagpuss said:
Nice to have you around by the way - I miss the frequency of your previous posts.

Ahh....Thanks Karen,

I always like reading all the info on this forum 'serious running stuff' or the more light hearted banter, keeps me going. Have just started getting back into things after nearly two months off. I have entered the Romsey five mile race tomorrow. Not expecting a good time, but just hope for 'a good run'.

Keep on running!!!

Lyn (Bagpuss)[/QUOTE]

Hope all went well, How did you get on?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Hope all went well, How did you get on?[/QUOTE]

Thanks for asking, yes fine, I was a little nervous where I haven't run much lately, but got round in just over 46 minutes.....wish that was a 10k time and not five miles, but I was happy with that. I didn't have time to warm up properly as I was late and had to go and put my entry in, hence I got stitch between 2 and 3 miles. But, all good experience, the more races I do the less nervous I get at the next one.

Bagpuss.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts