Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
steepler said:
Mine's 5 miles xc.
Love 5k on the track too!:eek:
probably 10k or half marathon on the road.

But I love cross country's too (especially if you have to run through rivers and stuff!)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Any XC of any length. Road racing often seems like time chasing to me. I'll do it sometimes but I need variety.

I've not done it for years but the only track race of value is the 'chase

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Don't like XC at all, although I've done a 52 mile ultra mostly off road and really enjoyed that.

I like ultras coz you don't have to run so fast, marathons coz they're a challenge, half marathons coz they are relatively easy now, and 10k's coz they're short and the pain is over with quite quickly.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I quite like "half marathon" - there's tactics galore in it for me (I'm only racing me) and it's nowhere near as killer as the full distance...

Also quite enjoyed the sprint tri I did - there was always plenty happening!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Half marathons for me. 10ks are too speedy and marathons are too long.
I'm quite partial to tris, but have only done sprints so far.

·
Registered
105 Posts
give me a decent cross country any time. the more mud the better. i used to dislike anything less than 10 miles but age and injuries have made me appreciate shorter races.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Haven't done much racing but I do like the half marathon distance (just entered two more in March). Did a 10k recently but found it a little short and kind of stressful.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
Between 5K and 10K on the road, Steeplechase for track racing and under 15K cross-country and hill-races.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
mike84 said:
Only done the 10k.

Cross country is cool, but I remember thinking to myself "why am I doing this" on the 2nd lap.
hahaha :d After my first 6 half-marathons I finished telling myslef - "I'll never run this again!" - I have run more than 15 now :d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
anything over 3 miles as thats when i am warmed up :p

1 - 20 of 24 Posts