1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there all my fellow forumites.
What are you fave shoes of all time?

My top few are.......
1.Brooks Adrenaline GTS. Simply the best stability shoe for me.
2.Nike Zoom Ultra spike. Ran all my track pbs in a pair of these.
3.Asics Gel Exult. Marvellous stable trainer from the early 1990's
4.Brooks King Conquest racer. Bright pink but mega light.
5.Asics DS racer. Ran my first marathon in a pair of these( in 1996!)
6.Nike Air Anodyne. Brilliant trainer
7.Asics DS trainer. Set the trend for lightweight stable trainers.
8.Brooks Chariot. Had numerous pairs of these to train in
9.Nike Air Max. Had one of the first pairs ever in the UK. Worth a fortune n Ebay now and I binned mine!
10.Asics Tarther. Ran my marathon pb in a pair of those!

I could go on...........

Any views out there??

·
Registered
244 Posts
Not been running long enough to have amassed "favourites".

I currently run in Asics 2100's and am on my second pair so I suppose they must be favourite for me to go back

I started out in Saucony Grid Omni 3's but didn't get on too well for me. I moved onto Kayano's they were great but lasted only 300 miles (I still run in my first pair of 2100's and they are just over 400 miles old, the second are about 150 miles old).

I also have a pair of Asics DS Trainers, they feel like slippers although I only use them for races upto 10k, short training runs and have hardly worn them yet.

Off road I wear NB RX terrains which I really like too.

I'll be in the market for some trail shoes soon, so any recommendations are appreciated.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Have to agree about the Brooks Adrenaline. Fantastic shoe. Great stability and responsiveness, and pretty light. I would choose them over my Kayanos and Adidas Adistar Control, although they are the cheapest of the three.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I tried the Adrenaline last year, mainly because although I was happy with my NB764's and 765's, I wanted a lighter shoe.

The Adrenaline had mainly the same features as the NB's but was lighter.

But I found that the Adrenaline caused me all kinds of problems with blisters, I'd never suffered with blisters before. I guess my feet just weren't right for the Brooks.

So I've gone back to my old faithful New Balance runners.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Still sooo many shoes I`d like to try but current favs are Inov-8 Oroc 280`s

Gripy, comfortable and super stable... :happy:

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
My current Saucony Mirage2's are the only shoes I've had where I've first put them on and thought 'yes'.

MattB

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
favourite is probably the best word. I would struggle to find a perfect shoe, maybe you never do. But since exclusively trail running for a while and trying different things the front runner is:

Mizuno Wave Harrier

First Pair just about done with after 750 miles, now using a second pair. Never bought a second pair of anything identical.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not been running long enough to have amassed "favourites", however, i currently use Mizuno Wave Nexus 6. I find them an excellent, comfortable, lightweight shoe, with good support aswell. I like them so much i recently bought a second pair.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Not been running long enough to have amassed "favourites", however, i currently use Mizuno Wave Nexus 6. I find them an excellent, comfortable, lightweight shoe, with good support aswell. I like them so much i recently bought a second pair.
Ooh Simon that sounds good, I just bought a pair today and will be having a play with them on tomorrow's easy run, as you say they certainly seem a lot lighter in weight than they look :tup:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts