Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Mid week steady run

Votes: 5 41.7%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What training session do you like most of all? I guess the answer may depend on races you have lined up but generally speaking what session do you look forward to each week?

For me it's the long slow run on Sunday...even though I don't run slower unless I'm with someone else.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Steve said:
For me it's the long slow run on Sunday...even though I don't run slower unless I'm with someone else.
Like a slow run eh !! , get yourself down to Bristol and run with me - you'll be amazed at how slow a run can be !! :embarrassed:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love to but Bristol quite a way from Lowestoft!
Slow runs are good for fat burning so don't knock 'em!

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does nobody like speed/hill sessions most of all?

·
Registered
151 Posts
I have to say I like speed and hill work, but only because of it's benefits. At the time, I hate it, it hurts!!!! Having said that there is nothing better than waking up at the weekend on a crisp sunny morning and going for a run in the hills (I am lucky, I have a hill range on my doorstep). Beats any other run, hands down.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
..and that's how I do my hills.....hands down on the road, crawling!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I feel the need...for speed. slow runs give me too much time to think, 'what the hell am I doing', 'my legs hurt', 'what's that strange wheezing sound'. Speed work I can see/feel the benefits more and keeps me motivated.
I like Steve's approach to hills.....except when you've worked too hard and stuff that really shouldn't be coming out of your nose does. Although that's quite a buzz too! Probably best not to elaborate on that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts