Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is laugh for all that know me, I am cold all the time:embarrassed: Especialy my hands and feet, I get really grumpy when cold.

Today while running I had on Helly Hanson pro wool top and wind proof jacket, knee high socks, long trousers, wooly hat and gloves.

This was a comfey temp for me.

Is anyone else this cold on here.:d

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
horses for courses little red if thats what you need to operate then that's cool or maybe not. i posted a thread entitled self combustion on here recently ,as i was amazed that people could run in a beeny when i know that if i did that my head would self combust even in wintertime.

It makes for quite interesting reading,and actually the guy who came second in this years flm wore a beeny :eek:

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm always cold too. Even in mild weather I tend to wear a light running jacket and light beanie-type running hat or cap . Think it must be since I moved to the coast. Don't seem to remember it bothering me when I lived in the city.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
On really cold days I'll take my light fleece but end up tying it round my waist after 5 minutes. I can't run in a hat, somedays will take my gloves though:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
cold

i hate it when my nipples go hard and old men perv! usually its okay though, just keep moving and everything stays warm. i feel the cold most just when i get inside, can't adapt to the warmth. anyone else glad its not winter anymore?

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
As you see these pervs eye your nipples, cover them up with your hands. Mind you they might like that:rolleyes:

Me I hate winter, hotter the better hey:d

·
Registered
707 Posts
I don't really like it when it's really cold - like minus 5 degree C for example, did that one in just a long sleeve smelly helly - not pleasant. However, seeing as winter seems to only end this weekend I think I've got used to the cold - for long easy runs I wear a longsleeve and waterproof and start off with hat and gloves, but warm up fairly quickly. On more intense runs I get hot as hell really quickly though and just wear a vest... I ALWAYS wear knee-length leggins on bottom though...

I have a general issue with poor circulation in my hands and feet, but can't say it bothers me - I just put more clothes on when I get cold.

Whatever work for you I guess!

·
Registered
105 Posts
I never really feel the cold. Never ever wear a hat ... I'd just self combust if I did! On wet winter days I wear a long sleeved helly and my waterproof running jacket. Usually I just wear a t-shirt and fleece but the fleece usually comes off after a mile or so. My fingers do feel the cold though and I have a great pair of Gore running gloves for use in the winter .... last weekend was the first time I'd run without them for months! :p I'm also the hottest person at work .... everyone complains constantly that I keep turning the heating off .... they don't seem to realize that they're just being a bunch of wimps! :p

·
Registered
835 Posts
I'm very rarely cold while running. The most I've worn on a run is shorts, long sleeved t-shirt and a light rain proof jacket ..... and definitely no hat.

Having said that I easily get cold when not running and find that once my nose is cold, then I am cold to the core and can only warm up by going to bed (to sleep, before any conclusions are jumped too!)

·
Registered
119 Posts
My 'thermostat' definately doesn't work properly. Always feel cold but once start running I overheat in seconds. Have to really force myself to take off the numerous layers of fleece down to my tee-shirt before I start. If cool/showery usually put on my lightweight waterproof when I set off - doesn't usually stay on for long though. Takes a while to cool off when I finish but then back to my cosy fleeces!

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am never cold during a run, however, about 30 mins after (even after a hot shower) I get really really cold. That's why, after a morning run, I always bring a warm jacket to work. ...it does go away after lunchtime normally though.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
I get very cold before I start running - and strip down to my running 'wicking' top right at the last moment (chuck in literally when I run past my car!!)

However - finding in the dark now - even with just a thin flourescent vest zip up over the top - I am over-heating once I get going (and it gets smelly!!)

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
If you want to wear something fluorescent for safety reasons, why don't you get one of those fluorescent and reflective belts instead? They are super bright and will not make you over heat.
Good plan!! Sold! :happy:

I think its just nice to have the added warmth at the beginning before I get warmed up - actually it isnt too bad with the long sleeve windproof flourescent one I have - as I can tie this round my waist and its very light.

·
Registered
14 Posts
People I train with take the mick out of me for wearing my body warmer! I can handle being too hot on a run better than being too cold. I don't mind my extremities being cold but I hate being cold 'right through' if you know what I mean.

I love being in bed all cosy and warm while the air in the room is frigid enough to make my face numb!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just out of interest...did anyone do the Dunsfold 10k in April?

It was my 1st 10k and it was that freaky day April 6th that we had blizzard conditions and loads of snow which turned into sleet. Seriously cold for the first mile but then I warmed up fine and actually did it in an ok time for a first attempt.

I reckon...wear whatever you need, however silly you may look. In fact...the sillier the better. I went running with a santa hat on last christmas eve and bunny ears at easter....gets some fun reactions.

:p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts