Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i am not new to running but am starting to get back into it, however when i have been running recently my feet have been going numb after 2/3 miles i have tried new trainers, different socks, loose laces, tight laces even going to a shop getting on a running macine and supposedly getting the perfect trainers for my running style, has anyone else ever suffered a similar problem if so how did you solve it

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i think its going to be down to ur running style..i.e. you slap you foot onto the ground

do you land on your heel or mid foot first?

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
my guess is that you heel hits the floor and the your mid foot slaps down which is where the problem will probabally occure... have you tried trying to almost rolling your foot onto the floor.

also what do you do with your toes as you run? have you tried wiggling them?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Some good replies here adam, and I agree. Treadmills are a little different to running outside (for obvious reasons ;)) and the moving belt can cause tension in the ankle joint (due to a little fear on our own part) more than normal, and add the extra "slapping" as mentioned. If you can get away with it in your gym, I highly recommend taking your shoes off (even for just a minute or two) when you feel your foot numbing. It will help release the tension in foot and ankle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts