Runners Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Dave said:
Sub 55 mins next time............
Yeah, aiming high and all that I am aiming for sub 44:30 on the next one. I really suffered on this one in the last two miles as I seemed to run out of energy really quickly, that together with the fact that about a mile of the last two was over fields - it drained me.

So , going to build track and field running into my training program and must look at into to how to get an energy boost for the last two miles or so. ( jellies, gels etc, perhaps ? )

Richard

rkavanagh said:
Yeah, aiming high and all that I am aiming for sub 44:30 on the next one. I really suffered on this one in the last two miles as I seemed to run out of energy really quickly, that together with the fact that about a mile of the last two was over fields - it drained me. So, going to build track and field running into my training program and must look at into to how to get an energy boost for the last two miles or so. ( jellies, gels etc, perhaps ? )
Richard
From 56.03 down to 44.30 is a heck of a chunk. But good for you, you have the right mindset. And if at first you don't succeed, try, try again. If you're going on the track you might try 400m intervals @ 1.40 pace (i.e. with 1.40 recovery jog) and see how they feel. If you feel comfortable, start by doing six and gradually work up to twelve. This is about the right pace for a 44.30 10K. If you're struggling then lower the pace to your comfort zone, but you might have to settle for a slower 10K. Don't worry, it will come in time.
If you suffered over the last two miles, you probably got carried away with too fast a pace at the start - though I appreciate grass can sap your energy too. I wouldn't recommend gels, or whatever, for a 10K race. Correct training should give you all the energy you need. I came across a good 10K training programme on Tamar Trotters website which you might like to look at.
Cheers!

rkavanagh said:
Yep, it sure is. Mainly because that was a typo. I meant to type 54:30

Richard
LOL....... Thanks for that Richard.....Great stuff.....................:d

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.