Runners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the day finally came to do the 5K run that I signed up for when I first started running in January. It was hard as the sun was shining and it was really hot, but I did it in 35 minutes. I have never ran in heat before as normally run at 6 in the morning when it is a lot cooler, and I must admit prefer running when its raining lightly but made it anyway. Not sure if 35 minutes is any good or not, but was so relieved to get to the finish line. :lol:

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well done to you, karen. I know what you mean about the relief getting to the finish line, but for me there's something indescribable as well about being in those last ten metres as you approach the line in any race. Really good effort, and get yerself another one booked:)

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
for me there's something indescribable as well about being in those last ten metres as you approach the line in any race. :)
In the 5k relays today the final two runners for our two "B" race teams had storming finishes as they saw the finish line and both managed to outsprint the runners in front of them...

......I'm sure the free beers at the end had nothing to do with it!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There was no free beer on offer at the finish line, but my friend and I did sprint the last ten metres or so to the finish line, got a burst of energy at that last minute with everyone cheering and the atmosphere. :)

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
That is brilliant news well done Karen, so do you plan to do another?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks everyone, yes I would like to do another run, but not in the heat, would prefer it in cooler weather, as I find it hard to cope with the hot weather. Will carry on with my running three mornings a week for now, and then think about entering another run. Just started a new job, and got three weeks intense training for that, so can't fit in any more than three times a week for running, as got lots of revising to do for exams for my new job. :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
you are keeping it going that is really important, I agree much prefer running when it is nice and cold :d

Good luck with your new job and training.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts