1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my first 5k tonight.

I figured it was time to test myself.

I did it in 31.58! :d

I was hoping for somewhere near 35mins. So to get under that by 3mins is really pleasing.

And to think that only 2 1/2 months ago I could only just do 1mile in 15mins! And even that was knackering.

I'll do some weeks 'training' and then try another one. See how I go! :lol:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It most definitely is Hrun.
I almost gave up at about 3k as my legs weren't having any of it but I didn't and now even though I'm about to fall asleep I feel great.

Thanks Kat and Nat :d

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Excellent - well done! Every little improvement feels fantastic doesn't it :d

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hello, GH:)
I've started doing 5k's myself just recently at local weekly trials and they're great. Good on you for getting below your target too - I bet you must have your eye on 30mins now? Well done:)

·
Registered
506 Posts
a bit wet?? I was like a drowned rat when I got back in last night! Putting that effort in is no fluke. Pat yourself on the head:)

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well done GH.

Great Run.

When`s your first 10k................:d

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Impossible to 'fluke' a good performance in running - you can only run up to your potential, exceeding it is impossible! You could on the other hand bugger up a run, lol.

Great improvements, well done!

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Well done GH, keep at it :d

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well done GH.

Great Run.

When`s your first 10k................:d
:confused:

Ha not anywhere in the near future!

RS: :lol:
I've buggered up a few by just giving up. :(

Thanks TT.

I do have a question to ask though:

Tonight I have my netball training session, which will more than likely mean an hour of sprinting and not much else.
I also have my superleague trials on Saturday, with a MSFT too eek.

Question is: Should I go for a run tomorrow night or not?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
If you do make it a really easy one just a couple of miles, it will help spin your legs out from all your sprinting about.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hope you don't mind me jumping your thread GH, but today I did my first 5k too. Wasn't as fast as you, but I'm happy just to have hit that milestone. Like you, it was only a few months ago that going round the block nearly killed me. Pats on the back all round!! :d

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brilliant mac. :d
the fact that you (& me) did it is an achievement in itself!

Thanks for the advice TT.
I'll need a recovery run (if thats what it is) I think. Last week on Friday my legs just wouldn't work :lol:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Brilliant mac. :d
the fact that you (& me) did it is an achievement in itself!

Thanks for the advice TT.
I'll need a recovery run (if thats what it is) I think. Last week on Friday my legs just wouldn't work :lol:
Yep it's a recovery, it should help no end, let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Hope you don't mind me jumping your thread GH, but today I did my first 5k too. Wasn't as fast as you, but I'm happy just to have hit that milestone. Like you, it was only a few months ago that going round the block nearly killed me. Pats on the back all round!! :d
Well done on the run Mac.

Whats next ??

1 - 20 of 21 Posts