Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following the injuries discussed in another thread which kept me from training for three weeks I wasn't over confident. A beautiful sunny day in Cheshire and off the 4000 went. It was every bit as hard as I imagined but I still had a bit left for the final mile 'sprint'. Apart from general niggles and aches and pains which I put down to age I did ok. Finished in 2 hrs 11, not the best by any means but not the worst- and I can still walk, sort of!
Thanks to all the advice I got from you guys on the forum, with that and the crowds I've been bitten by the bug and will look for more races in the future!!

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Fantastic Mark.

Glad you enjoyed it enough to think about the next one.

It might hurt tomorrow a bit more than today...........:eek:

But get back on the road as soon as it feels right and find another race of any distance as quick as you can.

Well done again.

Dave.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Well done, Mark! It's good that the injuries didn't put you off and crossing the finish line must have felt like a great achievement - indeed it is. I suffered injuries in the run up to my first half too, but subsequent races I've trained for have gone off without injury. Enjoy your rest and keep on running for the future:d

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys, you were right though - this morning I feel like I'm 103 .........ow........ooh.............cup of tea and a slice of cake......wheres the ice packs?

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Still thinking of signing up for another? heheh.

Don't worry about the aches, they may last a day or two, but it just makes the achievement feel even more satisfying once it has passed - like you really pushed yourself to the limits and achieved something. :)

About time to join a club then mark? ;) Unless of course you already run with one?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im not in a club but after the experience will definitely race again. A brilliant experience, the beer afterwards I mean- never touched the sides!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts