Runners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yup my first ever morning run :d
Got up at 7am, im usually up at 10 and work for 11! so it wasnt bad going ;)
just ran 3.2m, but really enjoyed it, the route i take is past fields, and it was really nice run with all the fields frosted over, and the horses walking around, which i dont usually see because i usually run at night.
Anyways i did the 3.2m in 30:39, which isnt awesome, and a little longer then i usually do it in, but for my first morning run, so i am honestly quite pleased :)
The average mile time was 9:32, im going to try trim that down to under 9 minutes, aim to do that in a couple of months, may be setting my hopes a bit high, but well see
anyways tlak over, gonna go enjoy the morning :d
Cya.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
erm 3.2m... is that miles? In 10:39?

Have you ever been to Bejing? ;)

But well done for getting up and out there! And your route sounds lovely

Why did you get up so early... I would have left it another hour at least :rolleyes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea miles
and nope never been to bejing
and i got up so early, so i can recover for my bike ride to work :p

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
howdy 1ofakind! Have to say I'm jealous as anything of you! I'm up at 6.30 and that's just to get to work on time!! :(

Which bit of your stats are accurate? I think Trinity was reffering to the fact that you said you'd done 3.2miles in 10mins 39 seconds, and should therefore be at this years Olympics ;)

Well done and getting out nice and early though, I reckon I'll try it myself in the summertime :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Back when I was a student and could roll into uni/library at like 10/11 I always did morning runs, and in the summer when I could physically wake myself up at like 6.30am I absolutely loved it!!! The only time I get out in the morning now is on weekends for long runs, which is OK... Now that's it's getting brighter in the mornings I look forward to getting out there in the mornings again. I find it pressurising to have to try and fit runs in in the evenings, what with wanting to go out with friends, or go to yoga/pilates with my friend, AND having to work for as long as it takes in the lab - I miss out on lots of things :( But ahwell. PLUS generally if I've just finished work at like 7pm, and it's been a full on day from early in the morning... it's REALLY REALLY hard to build up the motivation to get myself in my running shoes. I do it anyway cuz I know I'll feel like soot if I don't.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol sorry about that
don know were the 10 come from!
i even had my stop watch next to me =/
it was 30:39, sorry for the mix up :p

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
1ofak1nd said:
Anyways i did the 3.2m in 30:39, which isnt awesome, and a little longer then i usually do it in, but for my first morning run, so i am honestly quite pleased :).

Don't expect to be able to match your evening/night run times with morning ones: it doesn't really work out that way. Strictly speaking, your body is more prepared to run in the evening, and therefore able to achieve faster performances. View attachment 127

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im definitly going to keep to morning runs, since its harder, i can be pleasently suprised on my times when i do a race then :d

·
Registered
664 Posts
pedestrian said:
Don't expect to be able to match your evening/night run times with morning ones: it doesn't really work out that way. Strictly speaking, your body is more prepared to run in the evening, and therefore able to achieve faster performances. View attachment 127
It can be no bad thing to have some morning running under your belt though, as many races start around 10am. I know a club runner who does all training in the evening, and always feels it takes her a while to get going when taking part in events starting in the morning.

·
Registered
3,059 Posts
1ofak1nd said:
im definitly going to keep to morning runs, since its harder, i can be pleasently suprised on my times when i do a race then :d
Erm... I'm not entirely sure it would work like that. In order to race fast, I think that you need to have experienced running fast in training. Although morning runs feel harder, it doesn't necessarily follow that they are more beneficial. :(
I accept that my morning runs are slower than the evening runs, but I use the mornings merely as a supplement to the faster stuff later on. :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts