Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first post:

I just thought that I would like to share with you all my latest 10k race result. It was a local race organised with work friends. I started running in nov at a weight of 19stone. My first 10K was on New years eve, and I did it in a time of

50:20- 8:08 minute mile pace

I thought that I would never beat this and was really pleased with it. I have literally just got back from my latest 10K race and I did it in........46:51 - 7:34 minute mile pace. I cant believe I have actually knocke this much off it, and got great mile paces my my accounts. Btw, I now am 15 stone, more to lose yet.

I honestly do now think I wont be able to go much quicker than this. Please guys what do you think of the time. Feedback much appreciated.

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
I'm sure you'll find I'm not the only one to say that those are great times considering your experience and, excuse me I'm not being rude, your weight.
BRILLIANT!!

If you keep running you'll keep improving...just don't expect to better your times every race, nobody can do that.

If you haven't already join a running club....that way you'll keep motivated, have people to run with and will improve at a steady rate.

All the best.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Welcome to the forum

Those times are amazing considering your weight imagine what you will be able to achieve when you lose more, keep going you sound like a natural.

You will get a lot of support here so keep posting :d

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Those times are truely magic.
When you consider your weight at both events it makes it all the more remarkable.
Keep going.:d

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well thanks for all your comments, this really inspires me. Looks like I'm gonna have to get even more obsessive about my weight. I want to lose another 35 lbs, so god knows what I will be running then. I tell you something for nothing though, to get that previous race time, I must have ran nearly all out all he way. I gave it my all, and it felt like my heart was gonna fall out, especially for the .2 mile, which I did in 5:30 mile pace.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts