Runners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! First post! :confused:

I'm not sure if anyone else has ridiculously sensitive skin like mine, but when i wear sports bras, or anything close fitting that has to supportive by sitting tightly against my shoulders/chest, i end up with really sore inflamed spots.

They are proper pimples, but huge and take ages to go away, and i have them very attractively forming two lines from the top of each shoulder, down.

The only thing i could think of was using something like those gel sheets you can get for scar reduction to form a barrier between my skin and the elastic, but they are horribly expensive. i wonder if vaseline might help but am thinking it could clog pores. This happens with every sports top i wear btw!

If anyone has any ideas or suffers the same it would be great for some advice.

Thanks x

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi there sallyann, welcome to the site.

As I'm a guy, I can't really give you any advice about these female type things you speak of but just thought I'd say hi and welcome.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi sallyann616

I just wanted to say that I had the same problem as you, (I wear the Berlei shock absorber) the shoulder straps used to rub so much that after about 10 mins running they would be really sore and bleed so i went back to the shop and complained, so they measured me again and gave me a different size and I've been fine since.

Sharon

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha Ha, thankyou very much for the warm welcome, i shall have to spend some time reading info on here and perhaps adding a few more threads of my own :d

I shall try the vaseline and see what happens :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts