Runners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just getting ready to leave for Edinburgh Great Winter Run, 5K round Arthur's Seat. Thankfully the winds seems to have died down. Let you all know how I do later.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
good luck both of you, will keep an eye on this one

·
Registered
143 Posts
Having drunk too much last night, coupled with with a reluctance to traipse through to edinburgh and back for 20 minutes (!) of running in the wind and rain I decided to watch Saturday Kitchen instead! No regrets!

flakey

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I enjoyed it ! Very scenic route. At least it was dry, but the 2nd kilometre was uphill with the wind coming down, boy was that tough. Not a course for PBs. A bit odd in that the actual length was 5.2K, although they had a chip mat at 5K, giving you 2times (already posted on the website which impresses me). I managed 23.26 at 5K and 24.20 at 5.2K. Pretty chuffed with those times given the course and conditions. :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I agree, kilometer 2 was a bit different. Kilometer 3 was slow too. You were a bit faster than me, my times were 23:55 and 24:46. Best result of the day, for me anyway, is that my son ran too - his first road race - and got 25:09 and 25:53. I was pleased for him but a bit put out that he got a good time and didn't train at all. Teenagers, what can you say?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
tenkplus said:
I agree, kilometer 2 was a bit different. Kilometer 3 was slow too. You were a bit faster than me, my times were 23:55 and 24:46. Best result of the day, for me anyway, is that my son ran too - his first road race - and got 25:09 and 25:53. I was pleased for him but a bit put out that he got a good time and didn't train at all. Teenagers, what can you say?
You should encourage your son to train, with a good base time like that from his general fitness who knows what's achievable. Unfortunately the height of my teenagers participation was filming the start and finish with the new camera he got for Christmas !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts