Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I recently decided to do my first half marathon in Leicester in October. I have ran on and off for the last 5 years, but have never really pushed myself and my standard run has been around 2.5 miles.

I'm quite fit at the moment as I have been doing a lot of Tae Bo and can run around 3 and a half miles. I'm going to carry on with my Tae Bo and concentrate on toning up (which I REALLY need to do!) and run twice a week for the next 3 months. Then 3 months before the race I'm going to focus on running.

I lost a lot of weight about 5 years ago and really need a regular exercise routine to keep me from slipping into old bad habits. But for some reason I manage to exercise regularly for a few months and then will end up stopping. So this will stop me from lapsing and will give me something other than wanting to keep my weight down to motivate me.

For sponsorship do I get y place first and then approach charities? I want to run for the dogs trust.

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Star Shaped

Welcome to RF and good for you for entering a race it definitely gives you motivation to get out there.

Most 1/2 marathons you can enter without having to go via a charity however, I am not sure about Leicester. I would try for a place first and if you get in on that basis you are not then bound to that charity on how much you have to raise for them as that can be quite a pressure on its own without the training you will need to do to prepare for the 1/2.

Good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

TT :d

1 - 2 of 2 Posts