Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, long time no post. Finally got back running and setting pbs and also managed my first ever half.

Anyway, I have my first ever novice triathlon on the 22nd. Looking for general advice, mainly with transition 1. I have done a few Duathlons now so feel I have experience in that regard.

It's 400m pool swim, 10k bike 5k run. I haven't tried running without socks yet, is it worth just putting them on? I'm wearing my runners to cycle so no second change of footwear.

Been too embarrassed to swim in my tri suit at the local pool but I have showered then bike and ran. Is it essential I try it in the pool?

Any other general tips?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Not essential to try the tri suit in the pool but it is always useful to try and replicate race situations just in case for instance it chafes when swimming but it’s mainly the bike or run that the suit would be uncomfortable on because of the pad.

As for the socks again give it a go without socks but the few seconds it will take to put socks on won’t make much difference unless you’re looking to win your age group.
Just do little prep things like talc in socks and roll them off so before then put them so that they are ready to just roll on.

On the day lay everything out methodical in the order you’re going to use them (but be considerate of others and space restraints)

Most importantly take a little bit of time to compose yourself in transitions, that few extra seconds to calm down could be the difference between fumbling with your helmet and losing minutes and being stressed or actually enjoying the race.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts