Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's October 1st... and whilst there doesn't appear to be a definitive date stated anywhere of when the draw will take place, it's supposed to happen in 'early October'.

So in anticpation of the draw I've decided to set up this thread, I'll keep the this first post updated with a list of who has and hasn't been successful... so post away... Have you been successful? Have you been informed you've not got a place? are you tapping your fingers on the table waiting to find out?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Nothing yet :rolleyes: but i am very nervous incase i get in :lol:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
me neither :eek:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
I'm IN !!!! :'(

Although thats because I already have a Gold Bond place with Crimestoppers :d, but till waiting to hear about the ballot though to see if I need to take it up or not!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
LOL @ Silly Steve :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Going off topic and as I'm not a mod any more I don't care......!!

Paula is doing NY Marathon this year....

...back to topic....do you reckon she's got her place for FLM 09 yet?!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Going off topic and as I'm not a mod any more I don't care......!!

Paula is doing NY Marathon this year....

...back to topic....do you reckon she's got her place for FLM 09 yet?!
yeah i think she must of just heard that she made the age grade :lol::asleep:

Lets hope she can do herself justice for the NY Marathon again :happy:

·
Registered
23 Posts
heard some people's money been taken out account by FLM but not mine yet - I have got a place with the children's trust though - we are the official charity for FLM and worked for charity for 9 years. I am doing half marathon in 11 days and so nervous - first one for 3 years !!

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmmm... I wish i'd popped home at lunchtime now! nevermind. No money out my account - does this mean I'm safe for another year?

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been doing a bit of research, it seems like those who bequeathed their entry fees (i.e. paid for entry and are happy for the money to goto charity if they're not drawn in the ballot) are, on the whole, recieving their fleeces and rejection today.

It also sounds like the acceptance mags are starting to be sent out (according to a postie) and should hopefully be received by sat.

I'm yet to hear of anyone, anywhere, who's had the funds deducted from their account.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Friend in same running club found out they never got in today, so i guess it can be any day now :huh:

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
Good luck to all that are hoping for a place for FLM09, I was going to take a charity place but can't guarentee that a) I can raise the money and b) get time to go to it.

Fingers crossed at least some of you get a place, it would be brilliant if you all did though :)

O.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
2 out of 6 of us that applied received fleeces today. Nothing has been taken out of the remaining one's bank account's.:(

·
Premium Member
6,618 Posts
I think the way Edinburgh have done it this year is better, first come, first gets a place. No need to ballots you just pay your money. I understand London has a huge demand but if you really want a place you just wait on the website and buy your place when it comes online.

O.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts