Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
I have... at around 12:05 on Sunday :d I would've done it sooner but the website kept crashing... I guess there were loads of people trying to do the same as me!

I have to admit I thought it was going to cost more! Well okay, i mean it hasn't cost me a penny yet... but for such a big event, £28 aint that bad! How much is GNR?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
richardsimkiss said:
I have... at around 12:05 on Sunday :d I would've done it sooner but the website kept crashing... I guess there were loads of people trying to do the same as me!

I have to admit I thought it was going to cost more! Well okay, i mean it hasn't cost me a penny yet... but for such a big event, £28 aint that bad! How much is GNR?

£28 I thought it was £32....

I think I paid £32 for GNR

good luck :d

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I did took me few times to get through as it was busy, tried about 1.00pm on sunday.

:p

Steve come on you have to make it 4 next year, look at superman at the bungay he done 2 in two weeks :p

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
LEECE said:
I did took me few times to get through as it was busy, tried about 1.00pm on sunday.

:p

Steve come on you have to make it 4 next year, look at superman at the bungay he done 2 in two weeks :p

No I'll leave it next year..have done London 4 times after all. Want to give body a chance to recover next year and just do shorter runs.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
or you mean give other people a chance ;)

*ruffle of hair

·
Registered
310 Posts
I am gutted..... Just got back from London, tried to enter on-line for next year, and was informed that the 80,000 entry limit was reached at 10.00pm 14/04/2008 (yesterday).

There must be a way !

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Bloomin 'eck!!! Already?!?! That's mental! so of the 80,000 ballot entries... how many actually recieve a race place?

If I don't manage to get in this time round I may find another marathon and see if I can get into FLM2010 with a 'good for age' time... My Old man ran it in 1990 - that's nearly 20 years ago! :eek:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
well 35,000 people ran it so i am guessing its close to that.

I will run for charity if i dont receive a place, IF i am successful at getting a charity place even, they ballot for them also.

Already emailed the charity i would run for to put my name on the list to go into the ballot IF i dont get a place.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
you can still approach charities to put your name down to go in there Ballot for places Dale.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Don't panic Dale.
They're re-opening on the 21st April to fill the remaining places.
Alternatively you can get a number offof the site to register for 1 of 5ooo written application forms.

and unless its changed. You can get a charity place without a rejection.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts