Runners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it a good idea to try and eat after a run? I dont normally unless I'm really hungry

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
i think a lot of the protein recovery things are meant to be consumed within 20mins of finishing,

however if you eat that will cause an increase in the blood supply to the stomach and move it away from muscles etc which are recovering/ trying to deal with a lactate build up so my "gut" :lol: feeling would be not straight away...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have my dinner before I run normally, unless its the weekend when I go before

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do yes but then when I get home from work I'm starving so like to eat my dinner. I try and wait at least an hour before I run.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I usually have my banana or whatever about half three which tides me over. Although when I get home I sometimes have to have toast and peanut butter before I run!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
i sometimes have cornflakes when i come in from a run, i dont like eating a full meal at 8.00-8.30pm

I have flapjack before i run.

:p

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
After my long run last night I had 3 rashers of bacon, 3 scrambled eggs, two slices of toast, finished off with a cadbury's cream egg twisted and 8 jaffa cakes. I felt I deserved it. I rarely eat bacon but just had this immense craving for it.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
ooohhhhhh JB that sounds lovely.

twisted CCE is yum too but arent they sickly ... prefer the egg version you can get your tongue in then :p

*no jokes please.

How do you eat yours.

·
Registered
516 Posts
After my long run last night I had 3 rashers of bacon, 3 scrambled eggs, two slices of toast, finished off with a cadbury's cream egg twisted and 8 jaffa cakes. I felt I deserved it. I rarely eat bacon but just had this immense craving for it.
Oh mammy daddy. That sounds like the business! Now I have a bacon and eggs craving :p

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
The 8 Jaffa cakes sound nice to me :p

Do you eat them in one go :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've just invested in some whey protein shakes - (milk choc flavour) and are actually very nice! anyway, I've found if I have that and a nice meal of scrambled eggs on wholewheat toast - I feel so good!

Nick

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've just invested in some whey protein shakes - (milk choc flavour) and are actually very nice! anyway, I've found if I have that and a nice meal of scrambled eggs on wholewheat toast - I feel so good!

Nick
What brand do you use?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Hi all

After a run I usually have a shake with peanut butter on two slices of toast. Just discovered Nutella but going to have to pass on that in future as I found myself bypassing the toast and just eating out of the jar with a spoon :love:

Cheers

Gary

1 - 16 of 16 Posts