Runners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just a quick question, when your running the marathon are you allowed to eat & drink whatever you like whilst on the move?

Cheers

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Steve87 said:
Hi all,

Just a quick question, when your running the marathon are you allowed to eat & drink whatever you like whilst on the move?

Cheers

You can eat and drink whatever you like. Why do you ask Steve?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just curious, wasn't sure if the only time they let you refuel was at the designated refuel stations.

Thanks mate.

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Indeed you can consume anything unless of course it's a substance banned by UK Athletics or whoever the governing body is...

Also check the rules of the race you're entering, I know in my local half last it, it was allegedly against the rules to have somebody (other than race marshals) hand you food/drink?! I think you'd be pretty unlucky to get pulled up on this one though!!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
outside assistance is technically illegal in most road races is think.

if i was battling for to place or for a prize i'd be miffed if someone ahead of me benefited... but i'm not.. so i tend not to worry!

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
I took Powerbar Powergels with me to the Frankfurt Marathon and put them either in the back pocket of my shorts or under the sweatbands I was was wearing. That way, I didn't have to worry about anyone handing them to me. Some of the other runs were wearing those runners belts for the same reason.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts