Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I cycle I get cramp in the muscles around the metatarsal bone area and into the toes. Can anyone tell me what's causing this? I weekly suspect that it may be due to my shoes. I wear running shoes to cycle in and when my feet get cold then the cramp starts.

I am drinking High Five electrolyte Zero drink so that's not the problem. It's not when I overdo how much I am doing either. It happens after around 10 miles maybe, so not long.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Every time I cycle I get cramp in the muscles around the metatarsal bone area and into the toes. Can anyone tell me what's causing this? I weekly suspect that it may be due to my shoes. I wear running shoes to cycle in and when my feet get cold then the cramp starts.

I am drinking High Five electrolyte Zero drink so that's not the problem. It's not when I overdo how much I am doing either. It happens after around 10 miles maybe, so not long.
I don't REALLY know. I too get cramps and have researched it quite a bit. It could be your shoes or lack of circulation or perhaps your seat is too high. could just be that you are fatigued and need to practice more ;-) Maybe stretch more, massage your feet or get one of those little prickly balls used for laundry and really roll out your entire base and side of your foot (they are about two quid from amazon)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts