Runners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone

A few months ago after an upturn in running, I began to get a shooting pain at the top of my foot, which stopped as soon as I stopped exercising. Stupidly I continued to run on the foot, and eventually the pain began to persist when walking. It eventually got to the point where I could not walk without bad pain, situated right in the middle of my foot.

It cases pins and needles in my big toe and also my heel when I press them, although the pain seems to be situated directly on my metatarsal, and hurts a lot when I press on a specific point on my foot, either from the top or the bottom.

I also notice my foot is a lot colder to the touch than my other foot.

The only thing which helps, is rest. Every time I reinjure, the healing process becomes longer and longer.

I have recently got my CT scan results back and nothing has shown in terms of bone or tissue damage. I was convinced it was a stress fracture as it has crippled my social life and I can only walk for very small periods of time a day without it worsening severely.

I am clueless as to what is wrong, any ideas I would really appreciate, as the NHS are clueless.

Cheers in advance J

·
Premium Member
13,089 Posts
I would have to suggest seeing a podiatrist, I'm afraid I've no idea myself! :(

Colin (aka Footman) would be one of the best forum members to speak to on the matter, and he may even spot the thread, though he's not been around so much lately, probably rather busy!

I wish you all the best in getting the problem sorted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts