Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone assist - my forerunner 305 has just gone blank on the display and I am running a marathon tomorrow in Dublin - Any solutions much appreciated

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I live in Ireland and in order to get replaced I would need to send it to England. Thanks for the idea though.

I need it fixed really fast as I am running the Dublin marathon tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Only thing I can think of is if it's not charging right, which we covered already. Sounds like the watch itself has a fault :(

This could be the time to grab a stopwatch. At least they don't reckon a marathon's 26.36miles like my 205 does :p

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
There has been a common fault with the 305's and 301's in as much as the power/data contact points on the back of the watch become tarnished from the sweat on your wrist when you use it.

This means that it not only won't charge correctly but also won't connect to the cradle properly when you want to download etc.

Have a look at the little round contact points on the back of the unit...are they a shiny gold colour, or slightly blackened? If they are blackened, rub them lightly with an eraser and they should clean up a bit. Then try charging it again.

If this all works then wearing a sweatband on your wrist under the garmin stops the problem recurring.

If all the above doesn't work, then you'll not be wearing it in Dublin I'm afraid, but get in contact with Garmin and they should be able to help you. I know there was a period when they were replacing Garmins quite frequently, which had a problem such as yours.

Good luck with it, and good luck at Dublin!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's O.K now. I got the answer by googling "reset Garmin 305"
Basically hold reset and mode key together and then press the start key and it restarts. Also its keeps the history! Thanks for all your suggestions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts