Runners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think you will beat this deal.....

A brand new forerunner 305 for £150

or

A brand new forerunner 305 plus The runners hand book by Bob Glover(I have this myself and can thoroughly recommend it) all for £158

both deals available on Amazon.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Wow!

I got a 205, it was a present, but I think it cost around £115. If I had realised the 305 with the heart rate monitor thingummy was available for not much more, I would have tried to get that instead.

Although I wuv my Garmin 205 :huggles:

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
The 205`s good for me.

I don`t think I want to know my heart rate.................:eek:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Would you be so kind as to give a description of this piece of kit? I have a Polar HRM (410 model) and was just wondering what the difference was between them. Is the Garmin Forerunner 305 a better piece of training kit?

Chalky

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi Chalky :)

The Garmins are GPS watches, they measure how far / fast you are running and show you on the screen. You can also transfer the data to a PC to see your averages, see where you ran on a map, or keep a log. The 301 / 305 have heart rate monitors also, but they're mostly about the pace / distance

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hi Kattan

Thanks for the reply. So do these GPS also give data feedback like the Polar HMRs (including HR%) or are they more basic when it comes to HR information. The Polar I have gives a complete breakdown which is downloadable to computer and a gives target zones etc, does the 305 also do this?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Errr, probably. I don't know for sure, I only have a 205 (no HRM), but the things you mention are things that I heard the Garmin HRMs do.

I "think" the Garmin 305's heart rate stuff is roughly similar to the Polar, so if you only use the HRM it's no upgrade. The benefits come from the pace & distance etc.

Can anyone say for sure?

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Hi Chalky

You can set the 305 to give you a breakdown mile by mile, for HR, min per mile etc. In that particular mile it will tell you your fastest/slowest pace, this is just from the watch when it is downloaded you can see in minute detail what you was doing at everyminute if you want.

TT

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
twinkle toes said:
Hi Chalky

You can set the 305 to give you a breakdown mile by mile, for HR, min per mile etc. In that particular mile it will tell you your fastest/slowest pace, this is just from the watch when it is downloaded you can see in minute detail what you was doing at everyminute if you want.

TT
and where you were doing it ! :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts