Runners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Without wanting to sound negative, but is there any reason the forum doesn't seem to be as popular as it once was? I just noticed the most ever users online was 288 sometime about a year ago... yet I whenever I've been online I don't think i've seen more than 25 at any one time (including 'guests')? It's not like there's a lack of registered members!

Did the forum have a war and only the fittest forum members survived? :p

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Nothing like a War (as far as I remember) although I have not been here since the start, I think that most forums peak at certain times but generally the average is much less.

Having been on Holiday for a while I was quite surprised by the amount of posts there were to read when I got back.

Are you use to the the fast life in the Chat Rooms ?? :p ;)

PS - or it may have been once the offer of 'Free Running Socks' was no longer available!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Yeah free running socks. Just missed out on those!
Still keep up to date with whats going on although recently not so much as I have been retraining for a new career. so not as much time on my hands as I'd like.
Perhaps an office job would be the way to go as most of the regular posters seem to have far to much spare time during the day!!:p

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
hot foot said:
Yeah free running socks. Just missed out on those!
Still keep up to date with whats going on although recently not so much as I have been retraining for a new career. so not as much time on my hands as I'd like.
Perhaps an office job would be the way to go as most of the regular posters seem to have far to much spare time during the day!!:p
Not wrong there HF - way tooooooo much time in my job !! :d :d

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
This forum gets me through the day at work, as it can sometimes be really quiet in the office...

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't say I have too much time on my hands, but I do try and make time out of my long list of jobs to do. About to start a new job though, so not sure how much time i'll be able to wangle off during the day to post comments on here.

Ah well, I shall have to do it post run in the evenings!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Having once been a member of the Runners World Forum, before I deflected, I like the pace of this forum much better. It's much more personal and we get to know each other more :)

·
Administrator
13,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a current member of the Runners World forum *eek! should I have said that out loud?* but since joining this forum I've barely touched it! I do like the fact that it is humanly possible to keep up with threads on this forum, something which I find simply isn't possible on Runners World!

In saying that though it does have it's advantages. With many more members it's easier to find get other peoples opinions on races in your area etc. Whilst there seems to be groups of people who know each other, it doesn't seem to compare in in terms of an online community. :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
I briefly tried the runners world forum and found it helpful, but this forum is a format that I'm familiar with and I agree with earlier comments about the pace of it.

You don't have to trawl through lots of replies to a query when you log on the next day and I've found that I get just as much support from a single considered post than I did when I trawled through a dozen different opinions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts