Runners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to admit I didn't think it would come to this, but it has....

When I joined this forum I was promised a pair of socks.

These socks were advertised as guaranteed to make me faster.

I duely posted away, put up with all the drivel from you lot and then got my socks through the post.

I must admit they did look nice... and I was really excited... at last I no longer needed to train...

So yesterday I put on my new socks and ran the New Forest marathon.... sure in the surefire knowledge that I was guaranteed to be faster.

Imagine my surprise (no - horror!) then when I finished 4 minutes outside of my PB!

Yes - 4 minutes outside of my PB!

I demand an explanation!

P.S. The left hand side says "There has been 1,941 new posts since your last visit" - eeek - what have you all been saying about me????

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Would you care to expand on the title of the thread?

Did you have the socks on the correct feet? If you did then send the socks back. They obviously are not up to scratch.

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hollywood said:
P.S. The left hand side says "There has been 1,941 new posts since your last visit" - eeek - what have you all been saying about me????

oh nothing much H.... just takin bets on how long it would take you to find out that the socks were fake :p

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phew... glad that's all in order then...

Hope you are all getting some running (and swimming and biking) in among all this chatting. Looks like I'm back doiong some road races soon - so I will see some of you around whether you like it or not - Ha!

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did New Forest mara at the weekend... surprised myself by finishing OK (maybe the socks did help? Or maybe it's just all the triathlon training paying off?)... so now I'm thinking about doing Clarendon next weekend and maybe Beachy Head in October. So we're not exactly talking PB territory...

How's tricks with you? You got a miracle cure? Or are just sheer bloody mindedness and determination helping you along? Remember that if things get too tough, you can always take out the frustration on Rich :)

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Hollywood said:
I did New Forest mara at the weekend... surprised myself by finishing OK (maybe the socks did help? Or maybe it's just all the triathlon training paying off?)... so now I'm thinking about doing Clarendon next weekend and maybe Beachy Head in October. So we're not exactly talking PB territory...

How's tricks with you? You got a miracle cure? Or are just sheer bloody mindedness and determination helping you along? Remember that if things get too tough, you can always take out the frustration on Rich :)

Triathlon training! :eek:

In answer to your second para... not too bad, unfortunately not, absolutely...as ever, and, I already do :)

We have been doing the Somerset Series this year though, to take my mind off the fact that I'm not running marathons (sob), and I'm doing quite well...got a few trophies out of it too :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts