Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I did this last week, but I am just plain nosey.

What are you all up to this weekend?

Me I am doing zilch and I am going to make the most of it too :p

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
A few of these tonight............... beer.gif

And 17 miles of this on Sunday...... running.gif

I can`t for the life of me think what will enjoy most..................

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
This afternoon I'm picking up my 14 year old daughter from Kilve Court in Somerset where she has been all week on a Gifted and Talented Music course.... can't wait to see her, my boys are great but I've missed the female company.

Tomorrow I'm running an easy 5 having had 2 (yes 2!) rest days because my legs were beginning to complain.

Sunday I'm racing in the Tough 10 at Weston-Super-Mare, with Rich :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Out for a meal tonight, followed by drinking with friends tonight, it's a workmate's leaving do, followed by a few of us going back to the boss's house I'm house-sitting to watch movies and drink all the alcohol he left... well I'm staying vaguely sober, then it's out saturday morning whilst they nurse their hangovers for an easy 8 miler... then going into labs for a bit after I've shown my mate the paternoster lift ... erm... then it's a mates bday party. Then on sunday I'm heading out with a friend to start her training for the race for life heh... then... erm... rest and relaxation I think, might do some yoga or go swimming after (read: sit in sauna). Phew. This week has just FLOWN by!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have a manic weekend..just when I feel I need a rest the most!!

Am waiting on my baby sister to turn up in the next half hour for a few cocktails and a girly gossip!! Which is going to be followed by a long sleep tomorrow..wake up and hopefully make yoga in the morning then if i can motivate myself am hoping for a more successful run than todays in the afternoon! Then Ive got a friends birthday meal in the evening which will inevitably be followed by a few to many ales...

On Sunday Im being a good girl and travelling down to Cardiff to see my Grandma and Grandee and take them out for some hillwalking..so they can show me up by scooting up mountains at twice my pace and the age of 88!!

...then SLEEP!!! God I cant wait for sun night!!!

·
Banned
2,297 Posts
Shopping...bad put stuff in the trolley ,take stuff out of trolley place on the belt
put stuff in bags , put stuff back in the trolley go to the car park get stuff out of the trolley into the car drive home then get the stuff back out of the car then put it on the table take the stuff out of the bags and put it away. In ,my special chocolate cupboard

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Then go runningGOOD

back in time for the rugby GOOD

Sunday running GOOD

Treefelling

Late sunday lunch bottle of wine followed by yes you've guessed it ;)

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
A few beers last night, moved into mynew flat today, will hopefully go for a run along the beach tomorrow, if the snow ever stops... :eek:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Katten said:
A few beers last night, moved into mynew flat today, will hopefully go for a run along the beach tomorrow, if the snow ever stops... :eek:

Good luck in your new home Katten :)

But snow? Where did you move to?

·
Registered
835 Posts
Did 4 miles first thing this morning, shopping for a new bike with the eldest daughter (wow! what a choice, never like that in my day, either a racing bike or a chopper! but mum was never gonna let me have a chopper)

Lazing in front of the TV this evening (normal saturday evening carp on! Can't believe anyone really enjoys 'the one and only')

Singing tommorow in the church choir (great for the lungs!) then home for lunch followed by a 10 mile run in prep for the the half marathon in a fortnight.

·
Registered
10,185 Posts
pedestrian said:
What kind of stuff are you learning on the guitar, Granty? I play a bit myself. View attachment 185
My guitar teacher is into traditional jazz and has spent decades playing in big bands and in musicals, etc. So all the stuff I learn there is pretty old-school. I spend the rest of my time playing modern music, but its amazing how much of the samw knowledge applies.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
My planned 17 miles yesterday turned into my first ever 20 mile run.

I was well chuffed to run it in 3:03.

I`ve started to believe I could actually run a marathon one day.

So I deserved my few beers last night.....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts