Runners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is up to what this weekend?

I am going to watch my Dad and Sister run the Brands Hatch half tomorrow.

I hope they both do well, my Dad has to run in kangoo boots, as he cannot run in normal running shoes anymore, due to arthritus in his ankle.

If he completes the race tomorrow this will be the furthest he will have run since doing 3 London Marathons back in the 80's.

:d TT

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I'll be at Ashton Gate with my kids watching the Mighty reds crush Sheffield Wednesday !!, obviously after my 14 miler in the morning.

Hope your Dad does well !

·
Registered
707 Posts
I nice 7 mile run in't morning on sat, followed by a meeting with the landlord of the place I'm living in next year, followed by lunch with friends, followed by a cocktail night. On sunday - swimming and sauna, followed by being taught how to "operate my bosses house" followed by cocktail night with another group of friends. Wooo. SOOOOO glad this week is over!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
i have 20miles tomorrow (draycote 35 next weekend) to see how much trouble i'm in !
beer in the evening
club ride on sunday
cub swim session sunday night.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I'll be checking out Poland, drinking a few tyskies, going for a run or 2. :d

Good luck, Trin :) And Twinks's dad

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well I am very pleased to report both my Sister and Dad got around in 2:50 :eek: on a particularly tough course.

The last half my dad tried to run was Silverstone last year and he had to come off the course after 5 miles, as his ankle was so bad he couldn't run which was a shame because in training runs it hadn't been a problem. So it was a big deal for him Saturday and he has been as high as a kite ever since and so has my Sister.

Thanks for the goodl ucks I did pass them on :d

How did everyone else get on?

Good Morning by the way TT

I made an error it was 2:50 not 3:50 what a dork

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
Twinks... Well done to your Sister and Dad!!! Hope they don't ache too much today.

I had a lovely lunch with Rich on Saturday, and ran 18 yesterday. I haven't run that far non stop since 2nd April 2006 when I got the injury in a 20 mile race, so I'm well pleased.

I also had a cold bath after and my legs feel relatively ok today :rolleyes:

·
Registered
9,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good to hear Trin.

You are brave with the cold bath I have only tried that once and not very well either only got ankle deep and thought my feet might drop off as they were so cold :eek:

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Congrats to TT's Dad and Sister, Trin, glad to hear Sunday went well for you, and TT, try a cold shower from the waist down - more comfortable than a cold bath.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Well done to everyone! :)

My run was awesome at the weekend, the weather was unbelievably good!! I even got my bike out for a bit yesterday which was tre awesome. But yeah, I do have slightly achey legs, but only from wearing high-heels for the majority of the weekend... high high heels... anyway, we'll see what a run after a heavy night of cocktail drinking is like today... =oS

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
twinkle toes said:
Good to hear Trin.

You are brave with the cold bath I have only tried that once and not very well either only got ankle deep and thought my feet might drop off as they were so cold :eek:

The trick is to get in an empty bath with a nice mug of hot chocolate to hand, and something to distract you...like your phone or a magazine. Put the cold tap on until the water covers your thighs and then time from there.

·
Registered
3,495 Posts
Well done to your Dad and sister TT.

Good to see things are going well Trin.

Still enjoying it then a-n-s.

Trainings still going well then Granty.Well on your way to Marathon Glory..........:d

As for the cold bath idea............You are completely Bonkers if you think I`m going to submerge my bits in freezing water,whatever the supposed benefits..............................:eek:

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
The benefits are worth it... after 18.1 miles yesterday, and a 15 minute cold bath, my legs feel fine. I know they wouldn't if it weren't for the bath.

So now I'm all set for hill training tomorrow :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
You could solve the problem very easily. The only problem is, I'm not willing to share Mr Octopus. What about just wrapping bags of ice around your legs, with incubating water bottles strategically placed to protect your "bits"?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts