Runners Forum banner

Friday Morning Sunshine

2K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  richardsimkiss 
#1 ·
Hi all

Really loving this running malarky :cool:

Was up at 5.00am this morning and out at 5.21am. Beautiful morning, not a cloud in the sky and no wind. Managed a 5k before breakfast albeit a little slower than normal. Air was fresh and even spotted a huge fox across the road from me. Expected it to dart away but was giving me the evil look. Think I started running faster then :d

Will keep watching the weather for early morning runs. Just love it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheers

Gary

#2 ·
garywatt said:
Hi all

Really loving this running malarky :cool:

Was up at 5.00am this morning and out at 5.21am. Beautiful morning, not a cloud in the sky and no wind. Managed a 5k before breakfast albeit a little slower than normal. Air was fresh and even spotted a huge fox across the road from me. Expected it to dart away but was ging me the evil look. Think I started running faster then :d

Will keep watching the weather for early morning runs. Just love it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheers

Gary
Nice post Gary.

Trouble is .

It`s pi***** down here...............................:d

#5 ·
Hi all

Yes, noticed the weather south was not that good. Probably cloud up here later.

Nat, when I did my 5.30am last Friday I took a banana to bed with me (no rude comments please) I woke at 4.00am and had the banana then back to sleep. This morning I had nothing. I would have taken the banana to bed again (no rude comments please) but forgot. :d

I maybe should have had something but for this short run I seemed to be OK. I did have a small bag of Hula Hoops in bed last night though.

Cheers

Gary

#7 · (Edited)
garywatt said:
even spotted a huge fox across the road from me.
All my midweek running is done around 5am (+ or - depending on the distance that day) because I find it easier with work then trying to fit it into the evening. Its little things like your fox that keeps getting me out of bed at stupid o'clock.... I love getting to work, having been up for several hours, cranked a good session in, seen part of the morning that many dont, seen wild life that you dont get to see during normal hours, and sit there slightly smug as the rest of my bleery eyed collegues stumble in shouting for coffee or sinking "energy" drinks to perk them up because their 8 hours of sleep were not enough to recharge their lazy bodies!! :d :d

Yes, I am smug of a morning, and its that slight smugness which helps the climbing out of bed in all weathers!

:p

Early mornings rock! .... Nice work fella!

Edit to add PS) Luckily it was my rest day today as it was bloody horrible weather!! HAHAHA

#10 ·
garywatt said:
Hi all

Being a newbie and not twice in one day would I be pretty much recovered from my run this morning if I wanted to go out again tonight at say 6.30pm?

Hope it's not a daft question.

Cheers

Gary
If you feel ok,go for it Gary.

Just be careful not to do too much.

You will know tomorrow if you have....................:d

#11 ·
Hi all

Base813, totally agree. Getting into work after being up for a few hours is great while the rest of collegues stumble around with sad faces :d It's just great getting out when no one else is around. Even though the sun was out my arms were tingling with the cold. Had the shorts on but didn't feel it on the legs.

The lovely early morning sunshine is almost gone now. Clouds rolling in fast :(

Dave, might put off the run this evening now. I have a 10k mapped out and woudl like to give it a go on Sunday morning so will have a rest now till then. This will be my first 10k so looking forward to it.

Cheers

Gary

#12 ·
cloudy and cold here:( Taking a day in lieu today been out for a long bike ride. my wife and me went along the river Humber, from the ferry terminal to the pier/marina and then back along the old Hull - Hornsea railway track. May try a run later, usually do my runs around 7:30ish before work, so going later in the day will be an adventure :d

#13 · (Edited)
BASE813 said:
All my midweek running is done around 5am (+ or - depending on the distance that day) because I find it easier with work then trying to fit it into the evening. Its little things like your fox that keeps getting me out of bed at stupid o'clock.... I love getting to work, having been up for several hours, cranked a good session in, seen part of the morning that many dont, seen wild life that you dont get to see during normal hours, and sit there slightly smug as the rest of my bleery eyed collegues stumble in shouting for coffee or sinking "energy" drinks to perk them up because their 8 hours of sleep were not enough to recharge their lazy bodies!! :d :d

Yes, I am smug of a morning, and its that slight smugness which helps the climbing out of bed in all weathers!

:p

Early mornings rock! .... Nice work fella!

Edit to add PS) Luckily it was my rest day today as it was bloody horrible weather!! HAHAHA
View attachment 476

I read your post BASE, and I was agreeing with everything you said. My first runs of the day (mid-week) are started before 5am, and it is quite often the best part of the day for the weather at this time of year. The sun seems to rise above a totally clear horizon, then as it gets higher, it climbs up into the waiting cloud. :rolleyes:
I also get the "smug" feeling of having been rewarded for the "stupid 'o' clock" starts, when I'm the only one around to witness the mist rising off the fields and the lake; the foxes, deer and occasional badger as they head off into hiding for the day... :d

#14 ·
Hi all

It's not Friday but had a nice run this morning at 5.20am but a little embarrassed........got home, took my top off only to realise I had my shorts on back to front :embarrassed:

Glad no one was going around apart from the rabbits!

Cheers

Gary

#15 ·
Had an early morning run on tuesday this week and it was again the best time of day for the good weather. Its class being out with the sun up and no one else around. Wasnt a big fan of getting up earlier than i had too for work but discovering this summer morning running is changing my outlook!

You do feel smug when you get into work eh?

#17 ·
Lairdy21

lairdy21 said:
Wasnt a big fan of getting up earlier than i had too for work but discovering this summer morning running is changing my outlook!
You do feel smug when you get into work eh?
Yes, agree. Since my first early morning run some weeks ago I now seem to wake about 5.00am every morning now. Getting up that bit earlier does wonders for me. No rushing at the last minute putting my y-fronts on back to front!

Cheers

Gary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.