Runners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to go for a hour's run at 01:45 Sunday morning. When I get back home it will still be 01:45.

Does that make me a Timelord?:d

Does the fact that I will finish the run when I started it allow it to be counted as a pb? :confused:

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you left at 01.45am on Sunday for an hours run you'd get back at 02.45! I thought BST ended at 1am therefore you'd need to leave at 12.45am to get back at 12.45am.

(Says me putting my head on the block in case I'm wrong!)

Pedantic Dave

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the change takes place at 01:00 GMT which is 02:00 BST.

Willing to be beheaded in your place if need be!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Steve said:
I plan to go for a hour's run at 01:45 Sunday morning. When I get back home it will still be 01:45.

Does the fact that I will finish the run when I started it allow it to be counted as a pb? :confused:
Timelord eh ?? - the answer is no, Timeords as we all know, travel either forwards or backwards in time, what you are suggesting is just to stay still !!

That just makes you slow !! :p :asleep:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Steve said:

If you are running for one hour and have not recorded a time, would this not be a pw (personal worst) ????

·
Registered
111 Posts
From the National Maritime Museum's website...
"End of BST, 29 October 2006

At 2.00 am on 29 October clocks and watches will need to be set back one hour as British Summer Time (BST), the UK’s daylight savings time, comes to a close."

Looks like it's my head on the block!!

Dave

·
Registered
20,654 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ballibeg said:
From the National Maritime Museum's website...
"End of BST, 29 October 2006

At 2.00 am on 29 October clocks and watches will need to be set back one hour as British Summer Time (BST), the UK’s daylight savings time, comes to a close."

Looks like it's my head on the block!!

Dave
Who gets the first chop with the axe?!:d

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just an idea. Why not try running round a track in dead of night while wearing one of those lovely headlight things - only pointing backwards. If you can run fast enough to catch up with the beam of light you automatically qualify as a timelord.

If you think wearing a headlight facing backwards will make you look stupid, just wear it as normal but run backwards.

See you on Gallifrey.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts